Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Dec 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #1,411 of 1,577
I have a NFB-2 with DIR9001.

What differences (sonic and construction wise) are there with the new NFB-2.1?

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #1,413 of 1,577
I'm not the only one who believes/hears a better sound after at least one hour of warm up on my NFB-3, right?

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #1,414 of 1,577

Quote:
I'm not the only one who believes/hears a better sound after at least one hour of warm up on my NFB-3, right?

similar things have been reported some time ago ^^ , some even don't power off their unite . 

But i am not one of them 
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #1,417 of 1,577

Quote:
Does it worth to upgrade from a modded Musiland 02 to a NFB-3.1?
link

yes no doubt about it musiland 02 moded or not is not on pare with NFB-3.1 

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #1,418 of 1,577
i agree the 3.1 sounds better warm (too splashy cold - i guess this is because of the lack of feedback and it being adjusted to run correctly at the usual operating temp).

but i just wanted to drop a post here to say thanks in public to the folks at audio-gd.  i received my nfb 3.1 in early november last year (2011) and it was fine until a few weeks ago, when i moved it to a different room (to do some listening tests) and found that, when switching back on, the screen was blank and the buttons no longer worked.  eek.  curiously, it was still converting - the optical input was being sent to the audio output.  since i live a long way from hong-kong, and had already had a bad experience with dhl charging extra for delivery (not audio-gd's fault) i wasn't too keen on sending it back, but after a few emails and me poking around with a multimeter, kingwa suggested that only the control board had failed (the clock, apparently) and offered to post me a new one.  that arrived today, i replaced it, and everything is back to normal (at no cost to me).  sweet!  so thanks to some trust and cooperation on audio-gd's part i only missed a couple of weeks of listening.

thanks again, audio-gd!  andrew

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #1,419 of 1,577

Quote:

Wow thats great to know as i have alot of A-GD Gear. No problems with anything yet. Awesome that Audio-GD for provides such top notch products and service!

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #1,421 of 1,577
1) Does anyone know how a Squeezebox Touch DAC compares to a NFB-3.1? (I know of one person on the Head-Fi product review page who commented that in a blindfold test he was unable to discern a difference)

2) How about a Headroom Micro DAC compared to a NFB-3.1?

3) There were a few posts some pages back in this thread that the NFB-3.1 uses inferior components to the NFB-3 but that the overall sound is not impacted. Has this been confirmed?

I'm trying to decide whether to finally upgrade my Headroom Micro DAC now that I've got a Squeezebox Touch. The Micro DAC seems to have the edge on the Touch internal DAC. I'm wondering whether the Audio-GD NFB-3.1 would be better still? Does anyone have any experience with comparing these various components?

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,422 of 1,577
So my next step is to get the C-2.2 and one of the NFB DACs. I hear the 2.1 is better than the 3.1, but is it worth the price difference? The 3.1 is $165 cheaper... at least right now. How different are they in sound? Also, I assume the ACSS cords are sold seperately.

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #1,424 of 1,577
just sold my NFB3 and C2.2 Combo (With ACSS) so i could buy a NFB10SE. was very sad to see it go as i loved the combo, had amazing synergy with my denons.... but im gonna pick up some LCD2's soon and i want to try balanced. Im hoping the NFB10SE's Dac implementation is as good as my NFB3. If im not happy with the NFB10SE i dont know what ill do next... maybe pheonix? ughh my wallet hates me already

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #1,425 of 1,577

Quote:
So my next step is to get the C-2.2 and one of the NFB DACs. I hear the 2.1 is better than the 3.1, but is it worth the price difference? The 3.1 is $165 cheaper... at least right now. How different are they in sound? Also, I assume the ACSS cords are sold seperately.

iirc, according to kingwa the only sonic difference is NFB2 have blacker background. whether it worth 165 more or not he leave it to the consumer to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back