Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Jul 15, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #1,561 of 1,577
Little question on DHL custom clearance. Right now, the tracking has a message as follows: "Awaiting authorization of/or advance duty payment from customer." Now, just to make sure, will they contact me if indeed I need to pay, or they just waiting for me to do something? It has been soon 2 days at the customs.

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #1,563 of 1,577
They wanted me to send my social security number so that they can send me invoice which with I can pay the custom fees. Already sent it twice to them, and still haven't received the invoice via email. I sent the first one last week as they asked, and another one today. They told that I would get the invoice via reply after sending in the social security number, but nothing so far. Hopefully they will send it tomorrow as my amp has already arrived.

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #1,564 of 1,577
Any comparison between the NFB 10SE and NFB 3.33? Which will give me better sound quality? 10SE or 3.33?

Was initially planning to get a NFB 3.33 new, but came across the NFB 10SE second hand in the same price region.
So i thought if the 10SE is a better choice, i might go for it instead.

While reading, i read something like the USB module needs to be installed? it doesnt come pre-installed?
I be connecting the  dac from my computer, so the usb connectability is quite important..

Comp > dac > active speaker (Adam A3x)

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #1,565 of 1,577
Quote:
Any comparison between the NFB 10SE and NFB 3.33? Which will give me better sound quality? 10SE or 3.33?

Was initially planning to get a NFB 3.33 new, but came across the NFB 10SE second hand in the same price region.
So i thought if the 10SE is a better choice, i might go for it instead.

While reading, i read something like the USB module needs to be installed? it doesnt come pre-installed?
I be connecting the  dac from my computer, so the usb connectability is quite important..

Comp > dac > active speaker (Adam A3x)

I had concurrently the NFB-10SE and NFB-3 (original version). They were comparable if using the balanced output of NFB-10.
The NFB-3.33 should have a substantially better usb input implementation comparing to the older ones, I would definitely go with this for usb input.
An alternative could be to get the new Audio gd usb input chip and upgrade the NFB-10SE (it will require some soldering).
The new Audio gd usb module requires drivers installation to Win PC (not required for mac & linux)

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #1,566 of 1,577
Hmm, weird. I just got my NFB-3.33. I have the Matrix M-Stage 2012/2010? version as an amp which has a built in DAC. Right now, I don't really hear any difference at all when comparing the built in DAC of M-Stage vs the NFB-3.33, not to my ears atleast. Maybe it just needs more time? I have it hooked up so that music goes through my xonar dg which then sends it to the NFB-3.33 via SPDIF and finally to the M-Stage. Or maybe I'm not just paying enough attention. Anyone else have similar thoughts? Not giving my final judgement yet though as I still have high hopes for it and lots of music to play :)

Edit: I must already take some of it back as there are clearly even more stuff on some songs I haven't heard before. I was judging too early.

Edit2: Something weird is happening when listening to some music. It feels like the volume goes down on some parts, or like it's cut away suddenly. When for example listening to Toto - Rosanna, at the intro where the drums only play, bass drum sound seems be cut off weirdly. Any ideas?

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #1,567 of 1,577
Hi,
  I am new to this forum. need small help from you peoples. I selected two DAC for my setup. one is Audio GD 3.33 and maverick dac d2. I am unable to choose which one is best.can you pls suggets which one can perform well.

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #1,570 of 1,577
Anyone ever buy the the new Tenor chip and upgrade their NFB2? Just wondering if it equals or perhaps exceeds sonics of the DIR9001? 

Thinking about building a CAPS style computer server with USB card in place of Touch and SPDIF. Anyone made the jump or have input on the Tenor chip?
Thanks...

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,571 of 1,577
Hi all

Took delivery of an NFB3.33 yesterday.  I got it to replace an Arcam rDAC.  It doesn't seem quite as clear? sounding (so far...not sure if burn in time will change that) as the rDAC, but the mid range is definitely more prominent and the treble is smoother.  Overall it currently has a warmer sound for sure.  Not sure if anyone else has ever compared it to the rDAC???  I was actually quite surprised at how big the actual unit is...compared to the rDAC it's freakin' massive!

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #1,575 of 1,577
Audio-GD NFB-2.32 (aka DAC-19 Wolfson) hooked up now at work.

This thing is absolutely amazing! It's somewhere in overall tonality and timbre between a good Delta-Sigma DAC and and R-2R.

Really stellar DAC. I can't believe it didn't make a big splash here! Probably Audio-GD's confusing naming scheme.

Being able to change filters on the fly with a button press is really great and fun to experiment with.

@Kingwa sent me the updated firmware and it updated without issue.

This is my endgame work DAC unless I buy a PCM1704UK DAC-19 at some point.

The unit I bought is in mint condition too!

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/NFB21/NFB2.1EN.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back