Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Oct 26, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #856 of 961
  yeh the bluetooth was just an option, but the 3.5mm jack could be good if that works, so i can connect o a phone  for output.

sometimes i remove my macbook from the dac thats why i wanted option of another source to play music from.. and use the speakers

thanks

The adaptor I mentioned is for OUTPUT only, the DAC has no analog inputs... here's a bluetooth to optical adapter: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E5N9ONM

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #857 of 961
  Is there a way i can connect a bluetooth adaptor to this dac, so i can play tracks from my phone/tablet or maybe a 3.5mm jack somehow for output of the speakers...
Which will be playing out of a yamaha hs7
At the moment i am playing everything via usb / macbook

Get a USB Bluetooth adapter for the laptop.
So audio goes (using Bluetooth) from the phone/tablet to the laptop, then from the laptop out to the NFB-15.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #858 of 961
ok sorry to go on....   what cable would i need to connect the dac which is conenct to my hs7 via rca to have output from my mobile phone (3.5mm jack)

the other two inputs on the dac are coxaial and optical 

can i get a coaxial or optical to 3.5mm cable plug that into my phone, switch the option on the front of the dac to that source...and will it play from the speakers?

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #859 of 961
  ok sorry to go on....   what cable would i need to connect the dac which is conenct to my hs7 via rca to have output from my mobile phone (3.5mm jack)

the other two inputs on the dac are coxaial and optical 

can i get a coaxial or optical to 3.5mm cable plug that into my phone, switch the option on the front of the dac to that source...and will it play from the speakers?

Having a hard time understanding what you're asking, but I here is some info:

- You can get a 3.5mm to RCA adapter. Like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-105597-3-Feet-Premium-Stereo/dp/B0094A1F3S/
http://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B00DI89MSM

- You can't directly convert 3.5mm to coaxial or optical with a simple cable. The 3.5mm is analog, while the other two are digital. That's what a DAC (digital-to-analogue converter) is for.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #860 of 961
- You can't directly convert 3.5mm to coaxial or optical with a simple cable. The 3.5mm is analog, while the other two are digital. That's what a DAC (digital-to-analogue converter) is for.

Not entirely true. Some devices have dual digital and analog ability in the 3.5mm audio port. The 3.5mm port on Macbooks and Apple's Airport Express do this. For example, you can connect the 3.5mm out from an Airport Express directly into the optical in on a DAC with a single, simple cable.

I'm pretty sure no mobile phones have dual 3.5 ports though, but I could be wrong.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #861 of 961
Not entirely true. Some devices have dual digital and analog ability in the 3.5mm audio port. The 3.5mm port on Macbooks and Apple's Airport Express do this. For example, you can connect the 3.5mm out from an Airport Express directly into the optical in on a DAC with a single, simple cable.

I'm pretty sure no mobile phones have dual 3.5 ports though, but I could be wrong.

Right. 3.5mm mini-TOSLINK isn't on any phones I know of. You aren't actually converting anything there either, it's a completely different (optical) output from the same output location.

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #863 of 961
I would like to connect my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.x) to my Audio-gd NFB-15 while keeping the signal digital.  Is this possible?

You could try the Apple lightning camera connection kit (CCK). Usually, you must run it through a powered USB hub though or the iPhone/iPad will complain about not having enough power. Search around for apple+camera+kit in the Audio-gd forums to see if anyone has tried it.

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #865 of 961
There is little information on compatibility of drivers in the website, anyone knows if it work with latest Android (Xperia Z3 or Samsung S5/S6)?

I can try out my S6 when I get it back from Samsung this week. I have an S5 right now, but as of Android 5.1.1 they broke USB audio for USP Audio Player Pro and the like.

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #866 of 961
I can confirm the NFB-15.32 works with a Galaxy S6 using an OTG cable with a few caveats.

First, when initially plugged in the NFB plays static. The static stops when a sound is played or when USB Audio Player Pro is launched. There might be a setting I'm missing to stop this.

Second, USB Audio Player Pro plays music distorted on default settings. You must go into settings and select "USB tweak 1" to fix this. After that, music plays perfectly.

I tried 44.1, 48, 88, 96, and 192 FLAC files and they were all detected properly and sounded great.

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #869 of 961
  Is Audio-GD getting rid of WM8741 products...

Maybe Audio-GD is going to switch from the WM8741 to a different DAC chip for their lower end product line?
Maybe Audio-GD buys the WM8741 in bulk and will just keep selling the units that use the WM8741 until they run out of WM8741 chips?

FiiO was using WM8740 DAC chips and switched to another brand of DAC chips for some reason, assuming Audio-GD might be doing the same for what might be the same reason(s).

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #870 of 961

Maybe Audio-GD is going to switch from the WM8741 to a different DAC chip for their lower end product line?
Maybe Audio-GD buys the WM8741 in bulk and will just keep selling the units that use the WM8741 until they run out of WM8741 chips?

FiiO was using WM8740 DAC chips and switched to another brand of DAC chips for some reason, assuming Audio-GD might be doing the same for what might be the same reason(s).

Thank you for these. I am looking for a lower DAC/AMP for my HE-500. I have been interested in NFB11 or 15 for a while, but I read a lot describing ES9018 DACs as a little bit bright, which is not my taste. So just wondering what will be the next after NFB-15.

BTW, any other suggestion besides the schiit stacks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back