Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Jul 1, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #796 of 961
So finally have my dac
the length is a bit off putting and seems to be quite warm after just 40 minutes play...but im sure thats fine according to earlier threads i have read...

volume control is really good and robust, switches seem fine... currently connected via usb to the mac, with it detecting it automatically, changed the audio midi settings to 192,24bit, but the macbook will change according to the source anyway....

which is the best filter to used? is this easy to do? and best way to burn this dac in?

now i just need to buy some decent headphones...

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #797 of 961
Audio-GD burns their units in for 100 hours prior to shipping. So no need "to burn this dac in."

Not sure what you mean by " best filter to used?"

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #798 of 961
on the document   

' 9 types digital filter users settings' and explains different filters and their sampling supports. not sure what the default is? also i dont have headphones in at the moment, but when i press HP I can hear the a faint output from the speaker...maybe this will stop when i have headphones pluged in...

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #803 of 961
  Hello guys!
So I got my device today, and I just wonder if there is a need to update the firmware.
If so, how do I do it?
Thank you!

I found it easier just to leave the firmware alone.

Jul 11, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #804 of 961
The NFB 15.32 sounds best with the default filter, also there hasn't been an update for the firmware lately, so anyone receiving the unit in 2015 should be set and good to go with the default settings.

Jul 11, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #806 of 961
  The NFB 15.32 sounds best with the default filter, also there hasn't been an update for the firmware lately, so anyone receiving the unit in 2015 should be set and good to go with the default settings.

What filter sound best depends on the person, some people like how it sound with the other filters like the 4:2 and 4:3 filters which I liked over the default one, when I had a NFB15.32 with the DT880 premium 600 and T90. I also used 2:3 filter when I had the AD900X prior to both beyer-dynamic headphones I had . So it is best for the person to some and pick what sound good to their ears if they notice it. If they don't then use the default. But the NFB 15 2015 model might had some different designs which effected the way the filters used to sound since after all I only had the NFB15.32 model, I did also had the original NFB12.0 that I had got used as well a NFB12.1 afterwards.

Jul 12, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #808 of 961
anyone experience usb sounds? i am connected to a hub and i have tried my monitor hub which has less things attached and but occasionly there is a whirring sound...

could this be a fault? or is the usb meant to be connected directly to the computer (macbook)

thank you

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #809 of 961
It meant to be plug directly into the computer.

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #810 of 961
Audio-GD sure works quick
bigsmile_face.gif

Confirmed, payed, and got their confirmation within less than 10 minutes. According to them they are going to ship out tomorrow so hopefully I'll have my NFB-15 (35W with TCXO upgrade) by the end of the week/early next week (DHL to Canada).
beyersmile.png

Looking at DHL it seems you can pay any customs/duties online before it arrives to hasten the delivery? If so, as much as it sucks to pay customs I suppose it is a lot better than coming home to a slip/waiting for a redelivery/going to their facility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back