Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Feb 15, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #647 of 961
Good to know. I've already figured the import taxes to be that high. Any reason why you did not order from www.audiophonics.fr ?

Estimated shipment time on www.audiophonics.fr for the NFB-15 says +30 days... damn. What the hell?

I wanted to have the latest version with the latest firmware installed and I know that the resellers sometimes sell older stock. So I think is best to ask them before buy.

Feb 15, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #648 of 961
  www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/2qrlz0/so_the_audiogd_nfb15/.
Answered not only the questions I had, but also ones that I didn't.

Damn, I totally forgot about reddit. Some people there seem to have a comparison of the nfb-15 to FiiO E17, which is currently part of my setup. I'm gonna try to get in touch with them. Thanks!

I wanted to have the latest version with the latest firmware installed and I know that the resellers sometimes sell older stock. So I think is best to ask them before buy.

I see. Seems reasonable.
Wait, the NFB-15 does come with different firmwares? Should this be an issue? I reckon you can upgrade the FW by yourself?
Thanks, I'll make sure to ask them. According to http://www.audiophonics.fr 's shop, it's the "2014" model which should be the latest one AFAIK.

Feb 15, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #649 of 961
  I see. Seems reasonable.
Wait, the NFB-15 does come with different firmwares? Should this be an issue? I reckon you can upgrade the FW by yourself?
Thanks, I'll make sure to ask them. According to http://www.audiophonics.fr 's shop, it's the "2014" model which should be the latest one AFAIK.

Yes, you can update the firmware by yourself.

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #653 of 961
  I installed the USB drivers but can't seem to be able to select higher sample rate.

With digital coax I can choose up to 192kHz

Try to uninstall the driver and delete the folder, then install clean. The drivers are buggy. Also make sure you have the latest driver V.2 from the Audio-gd homepage.

Sold my NFB-15 today, I'm sad to see it go, but I couldn't resist the lure of a Garage 1217 Project Ember tube amp with supercharger heater option. Will be interesting seeing how Ember compares to NFB15.

Great choice, I'll have Ember next week as well. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #654 of 961

Try to uninstall the driver and delete the folder, then install clean. The drivers are buggy. Also make sure you have the latest driver V.2 from the Audio-gd homepage.

beerchug.gif

Awesome! I'll have a bit of a wait cause I'm in UK and USA to UK deliveries take AGES dammit lol!! Let me know how you get in with your ember! :)

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #656 of 961
Would the NFB-15 or NFB-11 be the best to pair with the HD598?

Depends on your sound signature preferences. There isn't a "best", just different.

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #657 of 961
  Would the NFB-15 or NFB-11 be the best to pair with the HD598?

Guess it might depend if you want the HD598s to sound more musical (NFB-15) or you want a little more detail (NFB-11).
But I would think a better choice is to buy headphones that are better then the HD598 and spend less for a DAC/amp.

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #658 of 961

beerchug.gif

My ember has this morning reached UK soil, hopefully I won't need to wait much longer! I'll update you when it arrives:)

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #659 of 961

My ember has this morning reached UK soil, hopefully I won't need to wait much longer! I'll update you when it arrives:)

My Ember is plugged in and playing pleasant harmonics for me. 
L3000.gif

It is absolutely awesome, but let's not derail the tread further. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back