Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Dec 2, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #481 of 961
Looking at purchasing one of these to drive my HD 650s. Has Audio-GD fixed the driver problems? I need to use USB and nothing makes me more frustrated than finicky drivers.

Have you heard Via? They are famous with their bad drivers and Audio-gd is using Via receiver. I have random blue screens and ASIO stop working from time to time. I'm thinking of selling mine, because of the bad drivers. It's not worth the hassle for me.

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #482 of 961
Have you heard Via? They are famous with their bad drivers and Audio-gd is using Via receiver. I have random blue screens and ASIO stop working from time to time. I'm thinking of selling mine, because of the bad drivers. It's not worth the hassle for me.

I haven't had BSOD's but he might not even have the issues, its the luck of the draw. But one can always bypass the VIA chip by using optical or coaxial from either their motherboard, or a cheap usb to spdif converter or even a cheap sound card like a xonar dg optical. Which I have done just to get working asio.

Dec 7, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #485 of 961
  hey whats up, im getting my a gd 15.as well. and im in calgary too

Nice! i think you will really enjoy it very nice piece of equipment

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #486 of 961
Just got the NFB-15 today with TXO upgrade.  It looks/feels really well built.  Can't wait to give this a run tonight!

If USB drivers don't work I'll just chuck in the old SPDIF cables.

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #487 of 961
Setting the NFB-15 right now.

Can't seem to get ASIO to work.  I've followed the instructions from the Audio-gd website but can't get the ASIO option on the dropdown menu from foobar.

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #489 of 961
  Setting the NFB-15 right now.

Can't seem to get ASIO to work.  I've followed the instructions from the Audio-gd website but can't get the ASIO option on the dropdown menu from foobar.

Did you place the asio plugin from foobar2k plugin page at the site into the right folder.if you dont then asio wont show up as a option as foobar doesn't support asio by it self. You have to use the plugin to add support.

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #490 of 961
Yes. The screenshot from foobar-->output doesn't seem to have asio installed. I have it and it work flawlessly. Anyway I always use wasapi trough.

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #492 of 961
Can anyone describe the sound of Audio-gd nfb-15 regarding the following aspects:
Voices are full or thin, forward or laid back?
General sound signature is laid-back or forward, instruments sound thin or fat and how much warmth is given to the sound?

Dec 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #493 of 961
Can anyone describe the sound of Audio-gd nfb-15 regarding the following aspects:
Voices are full or thin, forward or laid back?
General sound signature is laid-back or forward, instruments sound thin or fat and how much warmth is given to the sound?

I'm not great at explaining, but I feel like my NFB-15 is very musical, I want to tap my feet when I listen it has a sort of fun sound- there is lots of detail but not in a clinical/analytical sense.  It has plenty of power and this allows my Mad Dogs to open up and really create a beautiful sound, regardless of genre. 

HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back