Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Jan 28, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #211 of 961
Heatsinks are kind of pointless without pressure on the intended component.  If that heatsink isn't clamping on the chassis, it probably wouldn't be doing very much to be honest. 

If you're going to put passive on anything, you either clamp it on the intended item or use thermal tape.

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #213 of 961
So i got my firmware chips today (ordered extra just in case i wanted to be dumb again) wasn't a big deal to change.

My NFB-15.32 USB connection is working flawlessly again. Yay!
Now to see in my ears can tell the difference between USB and optical.

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #215 of 961
The TCXO pops on out, the socket will have a notch like a U on the edge, When you look at the new TCXO you will see a circle on one side of it. Line the circle up with the notch on the socket, they both should be pointing the same way when you go to install it.

Feb 1, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #216 of 961
  I've just ordered the new TXCO chip for my 15.32. Could somebody please upload a picture and instructions how to replace it without harming the board or chip?
Thank you!

Having never done it myself, I do know where it is and most likely it will just unplug. in the picture directly below the big blue transformer is a square silver box it will say TCXO on the top of it. so it's pretty easy to find after you take the top off.
You might want to email kingwa about removing it. and be careful about ESD (Electronic Static Discharge). always unplug everything from the unit and ground yourself before sticking your fingers inside a static charge can damage the unit.

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #218 of 961
The best thing you can do is try out the settings and stick to the one that sound the way you like. I found that I like OS 4 Filter 1 over Filter 2. as I found Filter 2 to be a too much in the highs.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #219 of 961
That's funny cause i prefer using OS 4 with the filter at 2. Mind you I use my DT 770's more than my DT 880's. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #220 of 961
Hello,

I've recently switched platforms and my new motherboard no longer has a PCI slot so I had to ditch the Xonar ST. :frowning2: I've been looking into a couple of USB DACs in the meantime and I've settled with this one, the Audio-GD NFB 15.32 with the TXCO upgrade, I've read good things about it, it seems a nice deal for $250 and everybody seems to like it. I have a rather simple question for those who have the DAC: Can I get sound through USB to the DAC no matter if I'm gaming or listening to music with foobar? I know I could manually switch between listening to music on USB vs. having data sent through SPDIF with my motherboard's output but it would be kind of nice to have only one cable running from my PC to my DAC, preferably USB. Is this possible? I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, by the way. :) Thanks in advance.

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #221 of 961
  Hello,

I've recently switched platforms and my new motherboard no longer has a PCI slot so I had to ditch the Xonar ST. :frowning2: I've been looking into a couple of USB DACs in the meantime and I've settled with this one, the Audio-GD NFB 15.32 with the TXCO upgrade, I've read good things about it, it seems a nice deal for $250 and everybody seems to like it. I have a rather simple question for those who have the DAC: Can I get sound through USB to the DAC no matter if I'm gaming or listening to music with foobar? I know I could manually switch between listening to music on USB vs. having data sent through SPDIF with my motherboard's output but it would be kind of nice to have only one cable running from my PC to my DAC, preferably USB. Is this possible? I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, by the way. :) Thanks in advance.

If you declare the external dac as default playback device (and thus not use your motherboard sound card), you will achieve it

Feb 16, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #223 of 961
Setting the 15.32 as your default playback device won't affect your microphone. Playback just means the device that lets you hear audio. Your microphone is a recording device.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #225 of 961
  That's good to know, thank you. Are there any noticeable differences between using USB and SPDIF, considering that both are digital and have a decent quality cable connected to the PC?

None that i can hear with my ears. I only use the SPDIF for the 3D effects out of my Titanium HD running in game mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back