Audio-GD NFB-11
Mar 13, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #768 of 987
I wanted to order NFB-11 Non-USB and got email from Audio GD that NFB-11 is discontinued

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #769 of 987

I'm waiting too ,for the NonUSB NFB-11,  I've got my early part of my request , Canare cables from Audio-gd that I'm using with mly NFB-12 , as well as th Ditall Interface , I'm breaking in so many things at once , hard to give an impression , other than I found my sound.

So, you're saying the DI interface made a huge difference ? I also ordered a DI, but I'm waiting it to come with the NFB-11, maybe I'll just ask them to send it first....

Quote:

I wanted to order NFB-11 Non-USB and got email from Audio GD that NFB-11 is discontinued

Well, the NFB-11 was discontinued, but they should have said NFB-11 Non-USB is available (as they did to me in early february). But they're actually waiting to know the costumers feedback of the new units...I hope they haven't decided to quit it....

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #770 of 987
Apparently they have, NFB-11 is discontinued all together, all versions.

Quote:
Well, the NFB-11 was discontinued, but they should have said NFB-11 Non-USB is available (as they did to me in early february). But they're actually waiting to know the costumers feedback of the new units...I hope they haven't decided to quit it....

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #771 of 987
Is there any issue with NFB-11 that its being discontinued? even the new one- the non-usb version? But i think they will honor pre-orders

P.S: this reply section keeps acting weird.. sometimes i cant see the cursor. Makes typing diff.. (Is this a known issue or designed to be like that)

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #772 of 987

Quote:
Apparently they have, NFB-11 is discontinued all together, all versions.

wow. glad i got in on the pre-orders. where did you find that the nfb-11 non usb has been discontinued? i could not find it on their website

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #773 of 987
This is a email I got today

Quote:  
Dear Vladimer, Sorry,now the NFB-11 Non-USB is discontinued,sorry about this.Do you want order other gear?  

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #774 of 987
wow that really sucks. i guess audio-gd is having really bad luck with the sabre DACs

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #775 of 987

Quote:
wow that really sucks. i guess audio-gd is having really bad luck with the sabre DACs

Bad luck or maybe they will phase it out for a new one with higher price.... I don't know.... I guess they would have told the guys, like me, of the pre-order if something was wrong with it

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #776 of 987
You are thinking the wrong way, j2kei. Your words sound more as you were some kind of marketing agent, and not an unhappy costumer.

There is no such thing as "luck" in engineering.

It is us, the costumers, having bad luck in this case, guys, who had been waiting for this device for months. 

Still, i hope getting my NFB-11, 'cause, I am already seek of waiting that long... 

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #777 of 987
I don't notice a difference using the digital interface in the USB path, sorry I gave that impression.  I have less than 30 hours on the Digital Interface , I ordered it with the TCXO upgrade , I only have the up-sampling jumper "NO-C" on .  I listen only to a lot of MP3's with the old lame 390 --alt-preset standard , equivalent to -V2 if your using lame 398 or newer.

Quote:
So, you're saying the DI interface made a huge difference ? I also ordered a DI, but I'm waiting it to come with the NFB-11, maybe I'll just ask them to send it first....

Quote:

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #779 of 987
This what edwin replied when asked the reason for nfb-11 being discontinued..

We just want to sent out the order which had ordered,then look about the customer feedback first,then we will decide is it will available again.Thanks. The gear is not the iusse,thanks Edwin

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #780 of 987

Quote:
This what edwin replied when asked the reason for nfb-11 being discontinued..

Quote:
We just want to sent out the order which had ordered,then look about the customer feedback first,then we will decide is it will available again.Thanks. The gear is not the iusse,thanks Edwin

I got the same answer.  My NFB-11 should ship soon, ETS (estimated time to ship) sometime next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back