Audio-GD NFB-11
Jan 2, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #556 of 987

Quote:
Have you requested a refund and been denied by Audio-GD? If you're anxious about the the wait and delays why not take your business elsewhere? Seems like you're bringing the anxiety on yourself.

Well in the first place if ADG did as they said they would do then I would not be posting except to say I got it and my opinion. In the second place ADG said that my DAC was shipped on the 18th of December and here is what ADG (Edwin) had to say (Tue, Dec 28, 2010 8:27 pm) "we had contact with DHL company what happen about this,they said because now is near the next year,so that they will change some package the tracking number,and now we had asking the tracking number of your goods,they will upgrade to us within 2 workdays" That was last reply I have gotten from ADG except for there auto reply.

So there is the question about ADG and that did they ship or not????? As you can read for yourself they say they did ship, however a agent for DHL says that the tracking number I have would be linked to any new number so there for DHL would have some record of DHL having my package, but DHL has no record using the tracking number ADG gave me or using my Zip code to see if there are any packages being shipped from China to my Zip code.

Anyway for now I am in "limbo" and as my sig says don't worry be happy, and yes I am happy with my life.
wink_face.gif

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #557 of 987

Quote:

Have you requested a refund and been denied by Audio-GD? If you're anxious about the the wait and delays why not take your business elsewhere? Seems like you're bringing the anxiety on yourself.

Pretty much exactly on point.

He missed my point as well.

If you don't want to wait, ask for a refund.

My point was when I ordered my Darkvoice, I was afraid they would steal my money, about $1000. 

A-GD has a long successful history here.  Your cash is safe with them.  They are not going anywhere, that we know of and seem very dedicated to the forum. 

If there is an interminable wait, ask for your cash back.

Jan 2, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #558 of 987

Quote:
Quote:

My point was when I ordered my Darkvoice, I was afraid they would steal my money, about $1000. 

A-GD has a long successful history here.  Your cash is safe with them.  They are not going anywhere, that we know of and seem very dedicated to the forum. 

On the contrary you missed my point, they claim they have shipped my DAC and that DHL has it. Please read what is high lighted in red in my reply.

Funny thing I almost got a darkvoice when they only had a few left using 120A/C, I posted about the company asking how they do things and someone saw my post and ordered it, when I wrote back to them a few hours later they where out of stock. The guy that got the darkvoice posted with a Ha Ha. About two weeks later I saw a post from that guy and he was asking about a power converter for that darkvoice because it was a Chines version of the darkvoice not a USA version as was stated, Ha Ha.
I did order a Woo WA6SE and have never looked back, its funny how things work out if you don't give up.
I now have a Woo WA5LE completely tricked out and am loving my HE6 headphones that my WA5LE is one of the only head amps that will properly power these wonderful headphones.
bigsmile_face.gif

Also by just giving in to ADG I am giving them a gift of using my money for one month or more, so who really wins here?? One hint, its not me !!!!
wink_face.gif

Jan 2, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #559 of 987

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

On the contrary you missed my point, they claim they have shipped my DAC and that DHL has it. Please read what is high lighted in red in my reply.

Funny thing I almost got a darkvoice when they only had a few left using 120A/C, I posted about the company asking how they do things and someone saw my post and ordered it, when I wrote back to them a few hours later they where out of stock. The guy that got the darkvoice posted with a Ha Ha. About two weeks later I saw a post from that guy and he was asking about a power converter for that darkvoice because it was a Chines version of the darkvoice not a USA version as was stated, Ha Ha.
I did order a Woo WA6SE and have never looked back, its funny how things work out if you don't give up.
I now have a Woo WA5LE completely tricked out and am loving my HE6 headphones that my WA5LE is one of the only head amps that will properly power these wonderful headphones.
bigsmile_face.gif

Also by just giving in to ADG I am giving them a gift of using my money for one month or more, so who really wins here?? One hint, its not me !!!!
wink_face.gif

Ask for a refund. If you still want the Audio-GD gear after they clear their backlog, place an order. Simple.

And about the shipping notice. It sounds like something they're looking into so if you really want your order give them time to sort it out. The ball's actually still in your court here.

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #560 of 987
I am awfully sorry for those customers who came into the shipping delay customers.
Some are because we got overload orders and cause the shipping date delay, another  are because the shipping during the Christmas and New Year holidays cause the delay.
The first reason is a danger signal god send to us.
Some companies quickly grow up and queckly die within few years. Now we have to face to this case. And we choice keeping slowly grow up and the QC, the serve, not the faster grow up.
To sillysally : I am quite sorry bring you this trouble. I know who face to the shipping delay and who will unhappy,I ever have this experience . We have try our best to communicate  with express wish they can  take the pack to your door quickly.

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #563 of 987

Quote:
I am awfully sorry for those customers who came into the shipping delay customers.
Some are because we got overload orders and cause the shipping date delay, another  are because the shipping during the Christmas and New Year holidays cause the delay.
The first reason is a danger signal god send to us.
Some companies quickly grow up and queckly die within few years. Now we have to face to this case. And we choice keeping slowly grow up and the QC, the serve, not the faster grow up.
To sillysally : I am quite sorry bring you this trouble. I know who face to the shipping delay and who will unhappy,I ever have this experience . We have try our best to communicate  with express wish they can  take the pack to your door quickly.

Thank you for your public reply,

This is the first thing I have heard that does ring very true "The first reason is a danger signal god send to us". I must say I am not a bible beater but when I stopped doing things my way and started to listen to what god was telling me, I reaped the benefits by 1000000 fold, and that is a fact.

So in a jester of good will on my part I will stop posting and as far as I am concerned the matter ends here. It is my wish that the next time I post it will be singing the praises of my DAC-19 DSPv5.

Thank You and do keep the faith.
wink_face.gif

Peter.

Jan 2, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #565 of 987
Hmm, my FUN has the USB hardware of the "A" version which supports 96KHz/24Bit, so it doesn't seem they accidentally shipped me a "B" version. Also, I have EVOX capacitors, a Neutrik headphone jack, and the matte-gold "custom RCA jacks" that are all part of the "A" build.

I have an early production FUN, ordered just after they introduced it. Maybe the Wolfson DA8741 wasn't the standard part in the "A" version at that early time.  

In their reply to my email, Audio-GD did not answer why my "A" version has the DA1862 in it and not a  DA8741.

Edwin told me that if I wanted a DA8741 for my FUN it would be $56 including shipping, so I ordered one.

Jan 2, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #566 of 987
Here you go milosz. I ordered my Fun (upgraded B version with WM8741) towards the end of September so that corresponds with what Elanzer wrote below.

Quote:
Quote:
This is odd- The FUN I bought is supposed to be Version "A"  - but it has the  DA1852 module in it, not the  DA8741.  This doesn't seem right.  I will send Audio-Gd an email to see why my "A" version FUN has the Analog Devices 1852 in it.

This largely depends on when you purchased it. They only somewhat recently started using the WM8741 in FUN/Sparrow. The "A" versions previously had either the WM8740 or AD1852 as an option, in which the AD1852 is more accurate while the WM8740 is smoother but less detailed, so it was a tossup (unlike the WM8741 which has the best of both chips and can be considered flat out better). The WM8741 option was introduced in September as an improvement for both units. You can buy the WM8741 module alone and upgrade your unit if it doesn't have it, I personally did it with my Sparrow and it was definitely worth it. Anyone who orders the "B" versions of the FUN/Sparrow should definitely pay the extra $15 to get the WM8741.

As far as the delays.. I wouldn't be very surprised if they received a ridiculous amount of orders for the NFB-12 since it far outclasses everything else available in the $200 range. For a small company with as little employees as Kingwa has, it does take awhile to churn through all those orders to get everything shipped out as they're built, while applying all the quality control and testing to make sure these things have no issues.

Quote:
Hmm, my FUN has the USB hardware of the "A" version which supports 96KHz/24Bit, so it doesn't seem they accidentally shipped me a "B" version. Also, I have EVOX capacitors, a Neutrik headphone jack, and the matte-gold "custom RCA jacks" that are all part of the "A" build.

I have an early production FUN, ordered just after they introduced it. Maybe the Wolfson DA8741 wasn't the standard part in the "A" version at that early time.  

In their reply to my email, Audio-GD did not answer why my "A" version has the DA1862 in it and not a  DA8741.

Edwin told me that if I wanted a DA8741 for my FUN it would be $56 including shipping, so I ordered one.

Jan 2, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #567 of 987
Jan 2, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #568 of 987
Two months for the NFB-11 should not be a surprise. The first orders were taken a couple of weeks before the planned release. Then they sent out the first wave to Asia, and got the ESS problem reports back. A few weeks to fix that problem, then to start production units again. And then add in the Holiday season......there's two months plus. I ordered my NFB-11 the day after it was announced, and just got it a few days ago. While I am still testing before an official review.....let's just say you won't be disappointed.

Jan 3, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #570 of 987
I almost forgot when i ordered it but i'm still waiting.........
But i'm also very curious about the comming reviews from the people who received it already!
Let's hear it guys, does it deliver what we all expect?
beyersmile.png

Regards,
Tini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back