Audio-GD NFB-11
Dec 9, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #421 of 987
wow i didn't realize there were so many different versions of the sabre DAC. could someone please tell me how does the ES9018 compare to that used in the uDAC2?

Dec 9, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #422 of 987
The udac2 perhaps uses the es9022, a far cheaper and more simple dac (something like 3usd vs. 60usd). If audio-gd was selling nuforce products the hdp would probably cost 99usd :) - but be far from so pretty and nice in design.

Anyone know about the new PLL?.
The quality of the pll chip and the quality of the implementation can mean a lot for the sound quality...

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #423 of 987
Right. I'm glad it's only hypothetical because if you've actually heard the HDP you wouldn't say such a thing
Quote:
If audio-gd was selling nuforce products the hdp would probably cost 99usd :)

Dec 10, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #424 of 987

beerchug.gif

Quote:
Right. I'm glad it's only hypothetical because if you've actually heard the HDP you wouldn't say such a thing

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #425 of 987
I sent my money on the first of november,for a NFB-11,paid 327 usd and all I get are e-mail replys, that we need a few more days.It is now day 39 and I have asked for a refund only to get the reply,'just a few more days testing'..How long should I wait before I make a complaint with paypal?

Dec 10, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #426 of 987
I think you will be happy once you get your product.

I too have been in similar situations when order audio gear, its best to just try to forget about the order and take the "It will get here when it gets here" attitude.  Either way, the want will still be there even if you get a refund, you will just have to get back in line and wait again.

It might be good for AGD to give something to those who paid before they noticed the problem and caused you to wait so long.

Good Luck on your purchase, but believe AGD wants nothing more than happy customers, thats why the thorough fix.

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #430 of 987
Funny, I though about it today too - if it were for another company I would have requested a refund already, somehow all the good things you guys speak about Kingwa makes me think that I should wait a little more, I send the money mid October or something, I am probably closer to 50 days now. The deal is good, no question about it but the delay has been a little too long, even for me, and I invented the "It will get here when it gets here" attitude  :wink:

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #431 of 987
Actually AGD should not even have them for sale if they can not fulfill the orders.

In fact imo they should automatically refund the money until the units are available to ship.

Keeping the money only serves to generate bad sentiment from customers who paid and negative sentiment from potential customers.  It also helps to reinforce the negative stereotype about everything from China.

Kingwa is a great audio engineer for sure, and obviously has a thriving business.  But, there are some things AGD needs to learn about customer service, building loyalty, and protecting the brand image.

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #432 of 987

Quote:
Actually AGD should not even have them for sale if they can not fulfill the orders.

In fact imo they should automatically refund the money until the units are available to ship.

Keeping the money only serves to generate bad sentiment from customers who paid and negative sentiment from potential customers.  It also helps to reinforce the negative stereotype about everything from China.

Kingwa is a great audio engineer for sure, and obviously has a thriving business.  But, there are some things AGD needs to learn about customer service, building loyalty, and protecting the brand image.

I agree with Dyno. Too many companies don't have enough units in stock and have them for sale anyway. The money should be sent to the company as soon as they have prepared the order for the customer and is ready to ship.

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #433 of 987
I think Dyno is way off base here, especially the stereotype comment. I'm not even sure what that means. Kingwa has kept everyone informed and DID offer a refund. The warranty is better than you will get from American and other Chinese companies. If it's too long then ask for your money back. I don't see what the problem is. It looks like stef50millbay might be having some trouble, but it is rare that they don't respond at all...

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #434 of 987

Quote:
I think Dyno is way off base here, especially the stereotype comment. I'm not even sure what that means. Kingwa has kept everyone informed and DID offer a refund. The warranty is better than you will get from American and other Chinese companies. If it's too long then ask for your money back. I don't see what the problem is. It looks like stef50millbay might be having some trouble, but it is rare that they don't respond at all...

The point is simple.  Don't offer a product for sale UNTIL you can ship it.

If you do that there will be no need for refund offers, no need to communicate fixes and latest statuses etc.

Good businesses plan product launches, test, test and then re-test. 

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #435 of 987
It did ship.

Quote:
Quote:

The point is simple.  Don't offer a product for sale UNTIL you can ship it.

If you do that there will be no need for refund offers, no need to communicate fixes and latest statuses etc.

Good businesses plan product launches, test, test and then re-test. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back