Audio-GD NFB-11
Nov 30, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #391 of 987
I was originally going for the NFB 11 but when the USB issues came up and Audio-GD's ability to deliver a product in a reasonable time period I jumped ship and went with the FUN.

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #393 of 987
A few days ago, owners received a mail from Edwin that said owners could send NFB-11 back to fix the issues, so they probably be ready to fix. I just sent my unit back.

Btw my additional impressons of NFB-11 after 600+ hours of burn-in are...

DAC: Sound seems to be slightly refined, more clear and more musical. I like it.
AMP: Sound seems to be slightly refined but not much changed. Soundstage is still small.
About gain switch: While 'low gain' sound is neutral, 'high gain' is more bright and sparkish but less extended. I prefer 'low gain'.

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #400 of 987
any idea on whether i should opt for this or the nuforce hdp? i hear a lot of good things about the hdp

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #401 of 987

Quote:
any idea on whether i should opt for this or the nuforce hdp? i hear a lot of good things about the hdp

Tough questions... I had a NuForce HDP and liked it a lot. Very good value for the money. But noone has an NFB-11 yet, and on paper the Sabre32 solution has higher specs. No idea about the headphone amp section though. My advice would be to wait a few weeks and see what the early impressions on the NFB-11 are like.

Oh and what headphones are you planning to use with the HDP if you get that? It likes high-ohm ones, 300 to 600...

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #402 of 987
The HDP might be on par with the NFB 11/12, but the HDP is $150 more. I am sure you could find something else to buy with $150.

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #404 of 987

Quote:
Quote:

Tough questions... I had a NuForce HDP and liked it a lot. Very good value for the money. But noone has an NFB-11 yet, and on paper the Sabre32 solution has higher specs. No idea about the headphone amp section though. My advice would be to wait a few weeks and see what the early impressions on the NFB-11 are like.

Oh and what headphones are you planning to use with the HDP if you get that? It likes high-ohm ones, 300 to 600...

Quote:
The HDP might be on par with the NFB 11/12, but the HDP is $150 more. I am sure you could find something else to buy with $150.

i sure hope. saving $150 will definitely be great. hopefully more impressions come out soon that can help compare to the HDP hehe

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #405 of 987
i know these are brand new products, but does anyone know enough about the Sabre32 and Wolfson chips that are in the NFB-11 and NFB-12 to compare them on a theoretical basis?

the NFB-12 has two of the Wolfson chips. what is the effect of having two instead of one with regards to sound quality?

my understanding is these chips are part of the DAC sections. is that right?

do we know anything about the amp sections of the NFB-11 and NFB-12? are they the same?

thanks guys. please help a n00b : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back