Audio-GD NFB-11
Nov 12, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #301 of 987
I was on the list for the November build, and I opted to wait.  Who the heck cares? I mean, if I had no D/A converter or no headphone amp, then no, I would not want to wait.  But I have gear coming out of my.... ears. 

Which reminds me, I have to start selling some of this redundant equipment. I wonder what the various merits of selling stuff here, or Audiogon or eBay are.  Like, where are maximum prices to be found?  Fastest sales turnaround?

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #302 of 987
I took option #4 and swapped my order for the NFB-2. Had a y2 previously and really liked the Wolfson chip. Here's hoping that double the fun means even better performance!

Nov 12, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #303 of 987
I don't think you'll be disappointed, I have the NFB-3 and it offers really great performance at the price IMO.

Quote:
I took option #4 and swapped my order for the NFB-2. Had a y2 previously and really liked the Wolfson chip. Here's hoping that double the fun means even better performance!

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #305 of 987

yeh the FUN is tempting me too...grrr  I'd really want to get the NFB-3.. but it doesn't have the outputs choice of the NFB-11 and FUN sadly.
I might like the sound of the Wolfson... I don't know.. I've never heard one before. But I do like the Signature of the AD825/AD8397 Op-amps.
help?  :)

Nov 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #306 of 987
I contacted Audio-gd and decided to go with a Version A FUN HA/DAC.  They offered me the 5% discount on the FUN and they said they will be shipping it out in the next 4 days.  I feel that the FUN is bit of a step up from the NFB-11 in their product line.  Hopefully I will see it this next week.

Nov 14, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #307 of 987
I'll be staying with my NFB-11 pre-order.

At first I thought the same about the FUN.. but the more I looked at the NFB-11.. I'm not so sure now....
The NFB-11 looks to be a marvel of miniaturization through transistorisation :) and integration around it's Sabre32 chip and power supply sections. Made more affordable with it's uncapped ACSS sections, tight integration.. etc 
Plus I still want to hear the vaunted ESS Sabre32 chip, and this is by far the least expensive way to that brain-candy!

Quote:
I contacted Audio-gd and decided to go with a Version A FUN HA/DAC.  They offered me the 5% discount on the FUN and they said they will be shipping it out in the next 4 days.  I feel that the FUN is bit of a step up from the NFB-11 in their product line.  Hopefully I will see it this next week.

Nov 15, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #308 of 987

Quote:
I'll be staying with my NFB-11 pre-order.

At first I thought the same about the FUN.. but the more I looked at the NFB-11.. I'm not so sure now....
The NFB-11 looks to be a marvel of miniaturization through transistorisation :) and integration around it's Sabre32 chip and power supply sections. Made more affordable with it's uncapped ACSS sections, tight integration.. etc 
Plus I still want to hear the vaunted ESS Sabre32 chip, and this is by far the least expensive way to that brain-candy!

Quote:

The FUN dose use the Wolfson WM8741 which is still a highly regarded DAC chip, a larger power supply, the ACSS system and a more flexible pre-amp section.  I feel this is still a good gateway product into the Audio-gd family of products to evaluate.

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #312 of 987
My understanding is there is no clear shipping date on the NFB-11 or NFB-10es at present.  The 20th of November was a provisional hope. Audio-Gd are emailing me when problem is sorted so I can order more stock.

I am confident that when the Tenor usb ess9018 problem is sorted we will be informed (and there will be dancing in the streets :) )

Regards

Macrog

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #314 of 987
I finally did the same.
My ath-w1000x arrived today, he definitly needs a new buddy quickly !
Maybe a bigger upgrade (much) later with à nfb10 ? :wink:

Quote:

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #315 of 987

Quote:
I finally did the same.
My ath-w1000x arrived today, he definitly needs a new buddy quickly !
Maybe a bigger upgrade (much) later with à nfb10 ? :wink:

Quote:

If you order a FUN don't forget to get OPA EARTH or MOON (depending on your headphone and on your taste), MOON give you a big chesty medium and slightly wider soundstage, and smoother highs but you'll keep the extension in high frequencies...

For the EARTH i can't explain because i Don't own them, but i'm sure they sound pretty good too !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back