Audio-GD NFB-11
Nov 9, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #271 of 987
Im ordered my NFB-11 at 4 Nov. and...
Kingwa told me: "Because we will shipping out the NFB-11 one by one of the order who ordered first,and now the second batch of NFB-11 had many customer ordered,so that we are afraid can not shipping out at 10th Nov,but we will shipping out it as soon as possible."
frown.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #272 of 987
It's unfortunate that your experience with their customer service hasn't been so positive. Just to share my experience, I've had a lot of correspondence with them recently, and Edwin and sometimes Kingwa, has been quite responsive to my emails. I've had several back-and-forth email exchanges happening in real-time, but this only happens around 11pm EST. My questions are usually fairly simple and non-technical so I wonder if that has something to do with it. I've only corresponded with them during ordering stage - hopefully they are just as responsive when I have questions later on about the shipment (hopefully tomorrow!) and product.

Quote:
I would call a half dozen unanswered emails over 10 days or so indifferent. Also I was explicitly told in an email on the 25th that the DAC would ship out in 1-2 days.

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #273 of 987
I think your emails have either gotten automatically filtered, or they are just far too overworked with all the current orders... Either way, I can assure you that isn´t "normal practise" over there. When I bought my REF7 in summer Kingwa answered around 30+ (I am not kidding) emails before I finally made my choice. I´ve never had such customer service anymore else. Several emails every day for weeks. The active support is one of the reasons I went for a full Audio-gd rig eventually.

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #274 of 987
Thanks guys... for some reason I thought the "consignments" page was for the helping of selling 2nd hand Audio-GD gears...
redface.gif
  LOL
I too was having problems with their spam filter, but they've been great since.
I kinda want to Mod my virtual NFB-11 already!
smily_headphones1.gif
 with an Acrylic/Plexi Top with maybe 2 Orange 3mm LEDs from Beezar. I emailed Kingwa about it, and was told:

Dear Young,
If you want solder 2 LEDS it will spend around 50MA maybe not good for the NFB11. But you can do it if the air follow state is good.
Kingwa 

The Air is gettn mighty Cold up here in Canada, so.. No LEDs!?  haha  aww....  
frown.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #275 of 987
I guess the "air" he is referring to here is "headroom"?

Quote:
Thanks guys... for some reason I thought the "consignments" page was for the helping of selling 2nd hand Audio-GD gears...
redface.gif
  LOL
I too was having problems with their spam filter, but they've been great since.
I kinda want to Mod my virtual NFB-11 already!
smily_headphones1.gif
 with an Acrylic/Plexi Top with maybe 2 Orange 3mm LEDs from Beezar. I emailed Kingwa about it, and was told:

Dear Young,
If you want solder 2 LEDS it will spend around 50MA maybe not good for the NFB11. But you can do it if the air follow state is good.
Kingwa 

The Air is gettn mighty Cold up here in Canada, so.. No LEDs!?  haha  aww....  
frown.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #276 of 987
Dear Customers:
Sorry for the shipment delay of the NFB-11 and the NFB-10ES.
We checked and found the problems is the ES9018 working fallibility at PCM mode (I2S input mode which is match to TE7022 I2S output).
The ES9018 working without problems with SPDIF mode.
In PCM mode , the ES9018 is grindingly request from the I2S input signal and difficult to exact re-clock the master clock.
I had communicate with ESS company engineer , he admit because the ES9018 applied a very hige frequency clock (80MHz) so can't easy to recovery the master clock .
He also offer some advices for us try to fix the problem.
We will try to find the way fix this problem night and day.
We apologize for the delay and bring you trouble.
The pre-order customers can send email to us ask refundment , or waiting few days see if we can fix the problems.
audio-gd
Kingwa

I will wait. I trust He will find fix the problem
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #277 of 987
I finally got a reply today - to an email I had sent yesterday. The NFB-11 seems to be delayed for some time to come. I've opted for a DAC 19 DSP instead (wanted the 3SE but thats been discontinued 
frown.gif
)

After the first reply, everything went smoothly with all my emails being answered within the hour. Waiting for the DAC now. Lets hope this one ships on time
smile_phones.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #279 of 987

I feel sorry for the people who now have to wait...... But this is one of the most open communications I've ever experienced from an audio manufacturer! Including all the technical details. 
Compliments for Kingwa.

I haven't made my final decision yet for a new DAC. But it will almost certain be an Audio-GD product. 

Quote:
Dear Customers:
We checked and found the problems is the ES9018 working fallibility at PCM mode (I2S input mode which is match to TE7022 I2S output).
In PCM mode , the ES9018 is grindingly request from the I2S input signal and difficult to exact re-clock the master clock.
I had communicate with ESS company engineer , he admit because the ES9018 applied a very hige frequency clock (80MHz) so can't easy to recovery the master clock .
The pre-order customers can send email to us ask refundment , or waiting few days see if we can fix the problems.
audio-gd
Kingwa

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #280 of 987

Clock recovery is most important for both locking to the signal and sound quality in my experience - i dont know how et happens here but selecting the best balance can decide the pleasure of the sound on the stuff i worked on. From my view, just use all the time needed to find the right solution
smily_headphones1.gif
!

I know they are working night and day. It seems to me they are doing it every day. I have only experienced very kindly and promt customer service from Edwin, a true pleasure.

Quote:
Dear Customers:
audio-gd
Kingwa

I will wait. I trust He will find fix the problem
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #281 of 987

Quote:

I feel sorry for the people who now have to wait...... But this is one of the most open communications I've ever experienced from an audio manufacturer! Including all the technical details. 
Compliments for Kingwa.

I haven't made my final decision yet for a new DAC. But it will almost certain be an Audio-GD product. 

Same here. I hope they can fix the problem soon:)

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #282 of 987
I too have placed an order for a NFB-11 and are wondering what the status is of this product.  I have emailed Kingwa that I am open to a Fun Version A if they can ship one of those sooner.

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #283 of 987
This is one of the reasons I like Audio-gd... No marketing talk, a real technical explanation. It´s not even their fault, the issue is with the Sabre32 chip. I hope they figure it out though, but if not I´ll ask for an NFB-11 without the USB input. 

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #284 of 987
I received the form email from Audio GD this morning.   I still want to swich to the FUN Headphone amp + DAC.

Dear Customers:

Sorry for the shipment delay of the NFB-11.
We also communicate with OPPO engineer , he also had encounter this problems.
They have offer some advices for us try to fix the problem.
We have find two ways to fix this problem night and day. Hopefully we can test these two methods within a week.

The NFB11 pre-order customers can decide either of below:
1, Send email to us ask refundment .
2, Or waiting few days see if we can fix the problems.
3, Or if change the order, can get 5% off. For example, change to order the NFB-3, price is USD285 (had got 5% off)
4, Or if change the order, the money increase 10%. For example, if you had pay USD300 (NFB-11 + shipping cost), change to other order, the USD300 become USD330. 

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #285 of 987
I also have one on order and will wait.  USB and the Sabre chips do not seem to get along too well, I believe W4S had similar issues with the roll out of their DAC2 that were eventually fixed. I know they are slammed so I have chosen to leave them alone and not hit them with a bunch of emails as that will only slow it down, they will get it sorted out.  After all, my system is capable of playing music without a dac...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back