Audio-GD NFB-11
Oct 18, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #61 of 987
... we discuss, and some snippers hit silently... all the first 38 units are sold out
frown.gif

Audio-Gd told me .... new batch will only be available next month...

Oct 18, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #62 of 987
Oh geez, another thing I want to buy.

I like these gizmos Kingwa comes up with. All of the units I've bought- Compass, FUN, and now the NFB11 -  work really well as stand-alone DACs, pretty good as preamps, and better-than-average as  headphone amps- and they don't cost much.  The build quality is really nice.  They look OK, kind of utilitarian; now if Kingwa could get someone with industrial design skills on board to give his products very sleek or subtle cosmetics- that would be great.

Oct 18, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #64 of 987
That's good, I don't need to contemplate to get it now or sometime later anymore (at least until next month). Besides I hope someone can review it before I'd bite the bullet.

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #65 of 987
HI well of course we are buying while you are discussing  ...!
cheers Vincent

Oct 18, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #66 of 987
I was about to pull trigger on the HDP, but now I think I will wait till the NFB-11 becomes available again. It looks great. And having owned the Sparrow, I am sure that this will sound great too.

Oct 18, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #69 of 987
so these are the snippers...
wink.gif

don't forget to update us with your impression folks...

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #72 of 987

Quote:
They look OK, kind of utilitarian; now if Kingwa could get someone with industrial design skills on board to give his products very sleek or subtle cosmetics- that would be great.

And pretty easily add at least $100 to the price if the quantities are not 10k+
Don't underestimate the cost of cosmetics..... 
blink.gif

I prefer industrial design with great sound at a bargain price.

Oct 18, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #73 of 987
I´d bet it would add way more than that... He´d have to pay the designer, order far more parts than he currently uses. Right now most Audio-gd gear are assembled out of the same panels. There´s the Sparrow size, the medium one and then the reference model size. If you open his DAC´s it´s easy to see how it isn´t that difficult to disassemble them. And the new chassis designs would have to be heavy like the current ones. The clean but efficient DIY look and feel is Audio-gd products is one of the reasons for the high value. If he started doing things differently, it wouldn´t be Audio-gd anymore
smily_headphones1.gif
(high tech at extreme value prices)

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #74 of 987

Quote:
I thought you were getting one, sir. 
tongue.gif

he, he, he... no... my bullet missed...
smile.gif

wouldn't it sound interresting to feed our colored HF2 with [hopefully] clean and honest signal?
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #75 of 987
I've ordered one as well. I was initially interested in the FUN. I'm going to use it as a DAC for my Mac book pro, and to feed the Tangent Amp-30 desktop amplifier and Q-acoustics 1020i speakers. I liked the customizing options on the FUN but was put off a little bit by the size, since it's 2 times as wide as the Tangent Amp-30. The NFB-11 seems to fit nice. And the DAC chip seems to be a bit better than the FUN according to what I've read. So I'm really looking forward to see what sound improvements I am going to experience with this device. It is my first DAC, and first time I ordered an Audio-GD product. The price and the form factor along with the opinions on this site really moved me towards ordering one. Will keep you posted on xperience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back