1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

audio-gd : musical sounding dac reference 9 +neutral sounding amp c-3 =?

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by superjohny, May 18, 2010.
  1. superjohny
    i am not sure how these will sound as a combo...

bad recording or lossy file formate will be compensated by reference 9?

i am thinking of getting either c3 or BUDA+DPS, although price is nearly half as the other.

2. haloxt
    I asked Kingwa about it and I think his opinion is that you won't have to worry about small recording flaws with the ref 8/9. However, the ref 8 and ref 9 probably have a lot of soundstage, which is the first thing to be altered by lossy compression formats. If you don't have much lossless music, I suggest getting a $45 3 month subscription to magnatune.com and downloading unlimited lossless music from their 600+ album catalog.

3. superjohny
    yea, there's no need to worry if paired with ref8/9, however, how would it be if the music passes thru ref8/9 then thru a neutral amp?

so my question is would musical flavor dac + neutral flavor amp be a good combo?

but i guess not many ppl tried c3-final yet. 

4. haloxt
    I would ask audio-gd that question, don't know if anyone here has tried the various equipment needed to answer that question. If you're afraid of too much syrup by going musical dac+musical amps, I think it's not likely with audio-gd because Kingwa has a personal preference for neutral and knows the danger of too much syrup.