audio-gd : musical sounding dac reference 9 +neutral sounding amp c-3 =?
May 18, 2010 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

superjohny

500+ Head-Fier
i am not sure how these will sound as a combo...

bad recording or lossy file formate will be compensated by reference 9?

i am thinking of getting either c3 or BUDA+DPS, although price is nearly half as the other.

May 18, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #2 of 4
I asked Kingwa about it and I think his opinion is that you won't have to worry about small recording flaws with the ref 8/9. However, the ref 8 and ref 9 probably have a lot of soundstage, which is the first thing to be altered by lossy compression formats. If you don't have much lossless music, I suggest getting a $45 3 month subscription to magnatune.com and downloading unlimited lossless music from their 600+ album catalog.

May 18, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #3 of 4
yea, there's no need to worry if paired with ref8/9, however, how would it be if the music passes thru ref8/9 then thru a neutral amp?

so my question is would musical flavor dac + neutral flavor amp be a good combo?

but i guess not many ppl tried c3-final yet. 

May 18, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #4 of 4
I would ask audio-gd that question, don't know if anyone here has tried the various equipment needed to answer that question. If you're afraid of too much syrup by going musical dac+musical amps, I think it's not likely with audio-gd because Kingwa has a personal preference for neutral and knows the danger of too much syrup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back