Audio-GD Master 9
Oct 8, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #2,266 of 2,563
doing some further research, still split between the master 19, the schiit mjolnir 3 & now the HE-9 LE
is the difference between the master 19 & the HE-9 LE enough to justify the price jump?
I'm after something on the side of warm (the sound, if the unit gets hot that's fine, ha ha) to match the ZMF verite closeds

You should just send an email to Kingwa (the owner) over at Audio-GD, and ask for a description of the differences in sound between the Master 19 and HE-9 LE. He responds within hours to messages about their products. This is the email address below for inquiries. The HE-9 series is well known for being a significant step above the Master 19, so I am sure you will be blown away if you go that route. I have been very impressed with the Master 19, but I would have also gone the HE-9 LE route if my budget had allowed for it when I purchased.

audio-gd@vip.163.com

Oct 8, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #2,267 of 2,563
You should just send an email to Kingwa (the owner) over at Audio-GD, and ask for a description of the differences in sound between the Master 19 and HE-9 LE. He responds within hours to messages about their products. This is the email address below for inquiries. The HE-9 series is well known for being a significant step above the Master 19, so I am sure you will be blown away if you go that route. I have been very impressed with the Master 19, but I would have also gone the HE-9 LE route if my budget had allowed for it when I purchased.

audio-gd@vip.163.com

Kingwa is good at many things, but describing the difference in SQ in English is not one of them. Probably better to check with one of the dealers. For example https://magnahifi.com/

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #2,268 of 2,563
I never stated that he was good with descriptions in English. Yes, the responses are in broken english, but a person can still get a good feel for the differences between the products of which they are thinking of purchasing. They are getting a response directly from the owner of the company. Come on, show some respect there, Articnoise.

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #2,269 of 2,563
If we took the dac out of the R28. Could Kingwa not make a good headphone amp, a new one that matches the R1/DI20 size. Is that too much to ask. Its possible! :ksc75smile:

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #2,270 of 2,563
If we took the dac out of the R28. Could Kingwa not make a good headphone amp, a new one that matches the R1/DI20 size. Is that too much to ask. Its possible! :ksc75smile:
.LOL.
There was such device called NFB-1AMP. :)

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #2,271 of 2,563
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #2,272 of 2,563
Well, we need R2R-11mk2 (basic model, sans isolator) in stock and available.

If someone have one for sale, should contact @OCC7N urgently. I am pretty sure, he will be looking for - soon.
:)

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #2,273 of 2,563
Thanks for a 'like' pal, but I edited a post.
:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Oct 8, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #2,274 of 2,563
Ehh. I have the R-28, and the 'NFB-1 amp' portion of it is the least remarkable aspect of it. It's good! But not fantastic. The R-1 DAC section is a good tick above the preamp/amp part of it – which again, is still good! But somewhat limited.

Master 9 (and I can only imagine, the latest iterations) is quiiite a bit better.

But don't let me hamper your enthusiasm!

Oct 8, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #2,276 of 2,563
I have the r2r r1 dac and the r8 dac and I still think my r1 is almost just as good connected to the master 19. AGD products work so well with each other because of their ACSS connections.
For me I can easily say that the higher end of Audio-gd(R8HEmk2 - HE-9 LE - DI20HE) is for the technical listeners that want to get pulled into the music in the endless soundstage where there is only music.

Sitting here burnin in the R-1 NOS with an USB optical cable while Im waiting on the I2S setup. I can say the punch in the lowend and upper lowend, the sweet recessed mids and the sharp highs are something to like but not something I would bring with me to impress the main audience.

I can also say it like this, that I maybe prefere the higher end of audio-gd for speakers, and the lowerend for headphones. I think this is an perfect consideration as I see the R-1 NOS with a lot of punch for planars. I hope Master 19 wont dissapoint me, even though it will dissipate a lot of heat.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #2,277 of 2,563
doing some further research, still split between the master 19, the schiit mjolnir 3 & now the HE-9 LE
is the difference between the master 19 & the HE-9 LE enough to justify the price jump?
I'm after something on the side of warm (the sound, if the unit gets hot that's fine, ha ha) to match the ZMF verite closeds

I emailed Kingwa to ask about the differences, and this was his response.

Dear Sir
The power supply of the HE-9 LE control system and the analog amplifier circuit is independently supplied.
The most different between them is the HE-9 LE has built in double stages PSUs for filter the power supply more clean , the Master 19 has one stage PSUs .
On the sound quality , when the source (DAC) good enough and the headphone good enough, the HE-9 LE has far better sound overall than Master 19.
Best regards
Channel

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #2,280 of 2,563
appreciate all the help! and yeah, have been sitting on the yggy for a few years now & I love it, but it'll be fun to try something new on the headphones & speakers.
theres a demo unit on magna hifi I'm considering picking up, anyone shopped with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back