Audio-GD Master 9
Oct 30, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #1,321 of 2,629
C-2 is a great idea if you plan to use single ended wired headphones.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #1,322 of 2,629
  C-2 is a great idea if you plan to use single ended wired headphones.

I agree.  It's quite powerful.  Truly a bargain for what you get.  

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #1,323 of 2,629

I didn't realize that you had the V2 version of the Burson Conductor. It's a bit smoother and refined while maintains its energy vs the original V1 Conductor.
The M9 is smoother, but at the end of the day, I slightly preferred the energy of the Burson, especially with all of my LCDs.

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #1,324 of 2,629
I didn't realize that you had the V2 version of the Burson Conductor. It's a bit smoother and refined while maintains its energy vs the original V1 Conductor.
The M9 is smoother, but at the end of the day, I slightly preferred the energy of the Burson, especially with all of my LCDs.

Don't own it, but heard it at avstore.ro . 

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,325 of 2,629
anyone running a Chord Mojo to a M9 out to a LCD3f?

I am looking for an amp only unit and strictly using the Mojo as the DAC.

Other Amp that I have been considering as well: Conductor v2 and Schiit Mjolnir 2

EDIT: are the Audio-GD only available directly through their website?  Do they have US Dealers?

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #1,326 of 2,629
anyone running a Chord Mojo to a M9 out to a LCD3f?

I am looking for an amp only unit and strictly using the Mojo as the DAC.

Other Amp that I have been considering as well: Conductor v2 and Schiit Mjolnir 2

EDIT: are the Audio-GD only available directly through their website?  Do they have US Dealers?

I have run the Mojo through the Master 9 then through the HD800, HE1000 and K812. I thought the results were favorable.

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #1,327 of 2,629
What do you all think about the HE-6 custom option for the Master 9?  Necessary or excessive?  I've been using my HE-6 with my C-2 via ACSS from the DAC-19 and feel it gets loud enough at 65-70 of 99.

I'm about to order an M9 (current price drop and sale is too good to pass up).  It will be used with my HE-6, but also with LCD-XC, ZMF Ori and Eikon.  I'm thinking that the standard gain is going to be fine for me and a better match for my other headphones, but I would like some other peoples thoughts on it, especially if you're using the M9 with something really difficult to drive.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #1,329 of 2,629
Jan 5, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #1,330 of 2,629
The Master-9 is a good headphone amp, alas it's not that great or with the HE-6.

Why ? What is lacking ?  
Or perhaps 9 Watts into  40 Ohm is not enough to power nuclear HE-6 ? 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #1,331 of 2,629
  Why ? What is lacking ?  
Or perhaps 9 Watts into  40 Ohm is not enough to power nuclear HE-6 ? 
rolleyes.gif

I like the way my HE-6 sounds with my C-2, so I can't imagine I would dislike it with a Master 9.  I would like to hear thoughts on what it lacks with the HE-6.  Everyone has different preferences in sound, but some amps and headphones just don't go well together, for different reasons.  And honestly, the M9 would probably get more time with the LCD-XC, HD800, ZMF Ori and Eikon than the HE-6.  So I may have just answered my own question as to whether I want the HE-6 gain option or not...

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #1,332 of 2,629
I like the way my HE-6 sounds with my C-2, so I can't imagine I would dislike it with a Master 9.  I would like to hear thoughts on what it lacks with the HE-6.  Everyone has different preferences in sound, but some amps and headphones just don't go well together, for different reasons.  And honestly, the M9 would probably get more time with the LCD-XC, HD800, ZMF Ori and Eikon than the HE-6.  So I may have just answered my own question as to whether I want the HE-6 gain option or not...

You have better options for similar prices. If your talking about the HE-6, some guy has a sweet First Watt on the sale forum for a pretty reasonable price. If you're looking for something to drive all of them, the Wells Milo is significantly SIGNIFICANTLY better than the Master-9 for only a couple bucks more. I have owned both (and I've heard the C2 enough to have a good feel for it)... believe me man, it ain't close.

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #1,333 of 2,629
You have better options for similar prices. If your talking about the HE-6, some guy has a sweet First Watt on the sale forum for a pretty reasonable price. If you're looking for something to drive all of them, the Wells Milo is significantly SIGNIFICANTLY better than the Master-9 for only a couple bucks more. I have owned both (and I've heard the C2 enough to have a good feel for it)... believe me man, it ain't close.

Actually, Jeff is building me a Milo as we speak with all the goodies.  It's supposed to be finished this weekend.  I have you and your excellent review to thank for that.  I already had my eye on it, but that put me over the edge.  I'm really looking forward to it.  The Master 9 would replace my Ragnarok.  The Milo is replacing the C-2 (via DAC-19).  I end up using my Ember II (via Yggydrasil) more than the Rag (also connected to Yggy).  I keep trying Schiit amps and just don't find them to my taste.  The plan would be to sell the Rag and probably the C-2 after everything plays out.  

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #1,334 of 2,629
Actually, Jeff is building me a Milo as we speak with all the goodies.  It's supposed to be finished this weekend.  I have you and your excellent review to thank for that.  I already had my eye on it, but that put me over the edge.  I'm really looking forward to it.  The Master 9 would replace my Ragnarok.  The Milo is replacing the C-2 (via DAC-19).  I end up using my Ember II (via Yggydrasil) more than the Rag (also connected to Yggy).  I keep trying Schiit amps and just don't find them to my taste.  The plan would be to sell the Rag and probably the C-2 after everything plays out.  

Nice!!! Those are some big time amps you've got there. Master-9 is definitely a big jump from the C-2.

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #1,335 of 2,629
What do you all think about the HE-6 custom option for the Master 9?  Necessary or excessive?  I've been using my HE-6 with my C-2 via ACSS from the DAC-19 and feel it gets loud enough at 65-70 of 99.

I'm about to order an M9 (current price drop and sale is too good to pass up).  It will be used with my HE-6, but also with LCD-XC, ZMF Ori and Eikon.  I'm thinking that the standard gain is going to be fine for me and a better match for my other headphones, but I would like some other peoples thoughts on it, especially if you're using the M9 with something really difficult to drive.

What sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back