Audio-GD Master 9
Mar 19, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #753 of 2,559
I emailed audio-gd to get a quote yesterday and still no reply, anything happening in china?

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #754 of 2,559
Can take them a day or two to reply.

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #755 of 2,559
Can take them a day or two to reply.

That's a problem if I need to give them more information like shipping address and other things it was very fast with auralic for example

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #756 of 2,559
IME, after the first email, the response was slightly faster.

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #757 of 2,559
So I'm making an order on sunday as I understand it this amp is supposed to be an end game amp so no further upgrading will be required.
As I was using Lyr all that time with my Auralic Vega and tubes don't last too long I hope that sound through a solid state amp won't degrade over time.

Also next purchase in terms of audio devices is hifiman he-1000 I'll make a purchase as soon as the dollar will start to fall...

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #758 of 2,559
So I'm making an order on sunday as I understand it this amp is supposed to be an end game amp so no further upgrading will be required.
As I was using Lyr all that time with my Auralic Vega and tubes don't last too long I hope that sound through a solid state amp won't degrade over time.

Also next purchase in terms of audio devices is hifiman he-1000 I'll make a purchase as soon as the dollar will start to fall...

I think you really gone like/love it I do. The Simaudio moon neo at double the price have some things it does better, but the Master 9 is not falling far behind and do as many other things better IMO. It was at least my impressions after demo it.

No further upgrading is necessary. I personally would get a better power cord than the one coming with it.

Yes the Hifiman HE-1000 is on top of my list right now.

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #759 of 2,559

Sigh... One year ago my currency was 30% stronger against the USD.....

Will be exiting to hear some reports about the M9+HE1000 combo- All good things seem to come from China nowadays, so it'll probably be great $)

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #760 of 2,559

Sigh... One year ago my currency was 30% stronger against the USD.....

Will be exiting to hear some reports about the M9+HE1000 combo- All good things seem to come from China nowadays, so it'll probably be great $)

Exactly my thoughts, Schiit and Audeze need to learn a little on QA, and the former needs to learn a bit better on Customer Service and how you don't decline customers because you're the almighty god that makes some of the best Schiit for cheap.

Audeze's customer service is actually top notch, I have no complaints but I've had a couple of quirks with quality, not that the driver is failing like it used to for others, but if they want to say that a cable replacement is $80 for such poor quality cables... no thanks.

Mar 19, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #761 of 2,559

Exactly my thoughts, Schiit and Audeze need to learn a little on QA, and the former needs to learn a bit better on Customer Service and how you don't decline customers because you're the almighty god that makes some of the best Schiit for cheap.

Audeze's customer service is actually top notch, I have no complaints but I've had a couple of quirks with quality, not that the driver is failing like it used to for others, but if they want to say that a cable replacement is $80 for such poor quality cables... no thanks.

I have no experience with the CS of neither, actually. Both companies do impress me - Schiit for making good stuff at good prices and Audeze for making good stuff with a unique sound (for not that good prices..) Agree on the Audeze cable - it totally ruins the feel of the product. 

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #762 of 2,559

I have no experience with the CS of neither, actually. Both companies do impress me - Schiit for making good stuff at good prices and Audeze for making good stuff with a unique sound (for not that good prices..) Agree on the Audeze cable - it totally ruins the feel of the product. 

Have you got a review of the Master 9 (Written by yourself)?

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #763 of 2,559
That's a problem if I need to give them more information like shipping address and other things it was very fast with auralic for example

Could be better but it is what it is.  2 day wait is quite normal in my experience with other places.

Yep definitely end game, as in you could stop there quite easily.  You reckon US dollar will fall?

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #764 of 2,559

Could be better but it is what it is.  2 day wait is quite normal in my experience with other places.

Yep definitely end game, as in you could stop there quite easily.  You reckon US dollar will fall?

It was compared to 1 USD to 3.6 ILS just recently then it began rising, it stopped at around 3.9 but now it's rising again to 4+

The difference is huge apparently...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back