Audio-GD Master 9
Dec 21, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #706 of 2,635

Or maybe wait for the Yggdrasil. Shouldn't be too long now 
wink.gif

Don't know about that... I've been through the Modi, Bifrost and Gungnir, none of which I kept for longer than a few months. I like their amps, but I don't think they've got the same flair with their DACs. 

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #707 of 2,635
Got my Master 7 & 9 combo today. I notice that Master 9 comes with some accessories but I don't know what they are used for. Anyone knows?
And It seems that the remote control is not working. I must miss something.
confused.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #708 of 2,635
  Got my Master 7 & 9 combo today. I notice that Master 9 comes with some accessories but I don't know what they are used for. Anyone knows?
And It seems that the remote control is not working. I must miss something.
confused.gif

Hunh.  No idea.  Must be part of the DAC or something.  I'm pretty sure you can just throw it out.  
wink_face.gif

Congrats on the M7+M9!  Great combo!

Jan 19, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #709 of 2,635

You have to unscrew the back of the remote and pop in some batteries. The remote sensor is somewhere near the lcd display so aim there.

If I recall correctly, the board that's packed in is in case some "thing" was damaged in shipping or malfunctioning. I don't remember what that "thing" was. I believe related to the volume attenuator. 

M9 - RULES

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #710 of 2,635
The circuit board and battery case are replacements for the remote control if it is not working.  If you already put the batteries in the remote and not working, switch out boards inside the remote casing.  Don't ask me why it comes like that, I don't know.

The other piece looks like a potentiometer to me, 50 to one its a replacement for if the volume knob gets smacked during shipping.

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #713 of 2,635
  I asked Kingwa. He told me to put batteries in. And the remote works now but I have to point it directly towards the Master 9 in order to make it work. 

Wait just a minute... You have to POINT the remote AT the Master 9 for it to WORK?!  Is that how remotes work?! I've been throwing out remotes for years because they never worked from the basement up to my stereo on the patio!! Holy S**it!

*all jokes aside, my new TV remote functions over wifi and it's totally screwking awesome! I can have my hand under the blankets and still push pause or rewind or whatever and it works flawlessly :wink:

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #715 of 2,635
Hi,
i'm an audio mastering engineer and an headphone lover.I mainly use the audeze lcd-x for audio mastering session and critical listening session.I have two amps: the bryston bha-1 and the violectric v281 in full balance configuration.
I'd like to buy a powerful and dead neutral amplifer for unleash the full potential of my lcd-x.
Do you think that the Master 9 would be the right choice?? I've read a lot of good things about this amp and the price is very tempting.

Please let me know!

thanks!

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #716 of 2,635
  Hi,
i'm an audio mastering engineer and an headphone lover.I mainly use the audeze lcd-x for audio mastering session and critical listening session.I have two amps: the bryston bha-1 and the violectric v281 in full balance configuration.
I'd like to buy a powerful and dead neutral amplifer for unleash the full potential of my lcd-x.
Do you think that the Master 9 would be the right choice?? I've read a lot of good things about this amp and the price is very tempting.

Please let me know!

thanks!

I consider it powerful and neutral, if it’s dead neutral I can’t say.

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #717 of 2,635
The M9 is a great amp and very neutral in my opinion. I have one feeding my LCD-3fs. I have it paired with a slightly warm DAC and the source sounds very true. Pair it with a very neutral DAC and I believe you'll have a very neutral chain for your LCD-X with gobs of power with a lush sound. You definitely want to run balanced, the SE out is lacking in comparison. 

As an aside, I auditioned a v200 (have not tried the v281) and found it to be very colored and congested with a boxed-in soundstage. The M9 could not be more different.

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #718 of 2,635
  The M9 is a great amp and very neutral in my opinion. I have one feeding my LCD-3fs. I have it paired with a slightly warm DAC and the source sounds very true. Pair it with a very neutral DAC and I believe you'll have a very neutral chain for your LCD-X with gobs of power with a lush sound. You definitely want to run balanced, the SE out is lacking in comparison. 

As an aside, I auditioned a v200 (have not tried the v281) and found it to be very colored and congested with a boxed-in soundstage. The M9 could not be more different.

Indeed, I too consider M9 to be neutral. Neutral and natural. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #720 of 2,635

Quote:

Was this with the LCD-3? The V200 has some kind of dismatch with the LCD-3, and it is not a fair comparison. With LCD-X (and most headåphones) the V200 is great and I would say it has a sound signature close to the M9

Indeed, I too consider M9 to be neutral. Neutral and natural. 

Totally on the spot

Hi,

Please let me know!

thanks!

The M9 is the best SS amp I have heard. Wether it really is significantly better than the  V281 (I have only heard (and own)  the V200) with the LCD-X is hard to tell. I would think the balanced V281 is a great match with the LCD-X... Is there anything specific you are unhappy about with that amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back