Audio-GD Master 9
May 28, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #1,801 of 2,628
Sorry it sold within a few hours. I’ve tried IEMs with the HE-9 and it is awesome. Both the HE-9 and Master 9 worked well with the chord Dave. The only amp that didn’t get better with the master 9 is the Bartok which is not a surprise given it is >10x the cost aa the built in amp is astounding and there’s not much to improve on.
Nice.

At that level, which I can only assume is called "summons the ghost of legendary composers past" level, it would be a given :)

Jun 14, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #1,802 of 2,628
You guys see underwood hifi is dealing with Audio GD now? Interesting.

Jun 27, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #1,803 of 2,628
Hey for those of you with an HE9/master9, if you got a pass power amp, try running the Audiogd into the pass amp and then use a speaker tap to female XLR cable to your headphones. As good as my HE9 is when I do this and use it as a pre instead into my pass x350.8 the sound quality boost is simply incredible (bigger soundstage, microdetail, clarity, air and layering). It becomes quite addictive in fact. Going back to just the HE9 you really notice the pass power amp missing... as good as the HE9 is (this was confirmed to be the case with the following headphones: HD800S, Atticus, Susvara, Abyss TC, Arya).

Jun 27, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #1,804 of 2,628
Can anyone tell me if those red squares are capacitors?
Master196.JPG

Jun 27, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #1,805 of 2,628
Jun 27, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #1,806 of 2,628
Aug 22, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #1,808 of 2,628
Is anyone using an upgraded power cable for their amp?

If so which cable are you using?

Aug 22, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #1,809 of 2,628
Is anyone using an upgraded power cable for their amp?

If so which cable are you using?
Even though I do not own Audio-GD, noticed your post about power cables, and since I am myself looking into some, I wanted to report on NRG Custom Cables. I spoke to the owner, such a nice and helpful guy. Spoke to some other head-fiers who have like 5 cables from him, and they are very happy. Seems like a good value for your money.

Aug 22, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #1,810 of 2,628
Even though I do not own Audio-GD, noticed your post about power cables, and since I am myself looking into some, I wanted to report on NRG Custom Cables. I spoke to the owner, such a nice and helpful guy. Spoke to some other head-fiers who have like 5 cables from him, and they are very happy. Seems like a good value for your money.
I saw his cables, they look really nice and seem to be a really good value as well.

One of the cables I have been considering. I've noticed the amp really has alot of noise coming through for some reason, I put a Furutech FP-314ag at the dac and it seemed to significantly reduce the noise so I'm considering what to get for the amp.

Aug 22, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #1,812 of 2,628
I liked the Furutech Alpha 3 with FI-28 (R) connectors with the Master 9 when I had mine.
That is a very nice cable. I'm sure that cable can make a toaster sound amazing but it is quite pricey.

Aug 22, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #1,813 of 2,628
I liked the Furutech Alpha 3 with FI-28 (R) connectors with the Master 9 when I had mine.

FI-28 is my favourite IEC plug, I like it than the more expensive FI-48 and FI-50. For Audio-GD I actually prefer the FI-28 (G) - gold version over the Rhodium version. I found the FI-28 (R) had better high-frequency extension, however the bass lost too much heft and sounded unbalanced. Of course, it depends on the synergy with your headphones too.

The best cables on the Audio-GD I've heard are the Sablon Corona Reserva cables, they are the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, they're discontinued and the newer Sablon Elites aren't as good, probably because they traded Oyaide connectors for the Furutech FI-50. You can occasionally find the Corona Reserva 1.5m for around US$1k on the second-hand market.

Aug 22, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #1,814 of 2,628
FI-28 is my favourite IEC plug, I like it than the more expensive FI-48 and FI-50. For Audio-GD I actually prefer the FI-28 (G) - gold version over the Rhodium version. I found the FI-28 (R) had better high-frequency extension, however the bass lost too much heft and sounded unbalanced. Of course, it depends on the synergy with your headphones too.

The best cables on the Audio-GD I've heard are the Sablon Corona Reserva cables, they are the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, they're discontinued and the newer Sablon Elites aren't as good, probably because they traded Oyaide connectors for the Furutech FI-50. You can occasionally find the Corona Reserva 1.5m for around US$1k on the second-hand market.
How does the FI28(G) compare to the FI46(G)? Any experience with that model?

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #1,815 of 2,628
I am resident in Australia and currently considering purchasing a MASTER 19 direct from the manufacturer, as I do not know of any sellers in Australia.

The majority of reviews and posts appear to imply the musical ability of the MASTER 19 is very good, but I have also seen posts nominating reliability issues with their Audio-Gd equipment.

If purchased I would be using the MASTER 19 with a Mirus Pro DAC and a ME850 Speaker Amplifier, but have yet to purchase any headphones.

I would appreciate any constructive advice on the above to help me evaluate if the MASTER 19 would be a worthwhile purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back