Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Mar 9, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #3,631 of 4,451
I didn’t like the AGD ACCS cable much. I preferred to use a good balanced cable between M7 and M9. That was until I brought a DHC ACCS cable. The DHC is very expansive thou. Other cable makers can probably offer a good ACCS cable for less money if you ask around. 

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #3,632 of 4,451
  thanks for ur answer
I mean kingwa use ofc copper in default accs interconnections
Am I right?
I can buy mini xlr and occ wire to build a diy cable

If you are interested in a Double Helix ACSS cable, please PM me. I have one pair that I'm not using anymore since I've just sold my Master-10 amplifier and kept only the Master-7 dac.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #3,634 of 4,451
Hi
wink.gif
Please help me with a choice. I don't have possibility to listen. NFB7 vs Master7 vs Master7 Singularity
Thx

Master 7 Singularity

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #3,636 of 4,451
Hi
wink.gif
Please help me with a choice. I don't have possibility to listen. NFB7 vs Master7 vs Master7 Singularity
Thx

I have never experience the NFB7 so can't help.   If you can find a reasonably priced used Master 7 (with updated 2016 firmware) it sounds terrific with a good quality HDMI I2S source and Anamero USB inputs.  These inputs will get you up the 384k sampling rate capability with the 2016 firmware.   S/PDIF, Toslink, and AES/EBU inputs are very dated and can't recommend.  

But if considering a new Master 7 or Master 7 Singularity go with the Singularity especially if you want to use other inputs beside I2S or USB.  You will get consistent sound on the each input.  Prices are close enough between the two to consider the Singularity.     

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #3,638 of 4,451
  The best OCC i found was at plussound but they don't supply it anymore for DIY. There seems to be nice OCC litz on ebay, I have ordered some but cannot comment on it until i try it.  The one from norneaudio is not bad at all. It is quite difficult to solder, given the size of the connectors. You need something to secure the wire on the connector before sodering. That's best.

thanks FredA
actually I have OCC wire but unfortunately insulated by PE not PTFE
but it is available for me for no $
so I would try it and hope it would be good enough for me

If you read up on Krell CAST (ACCS is identical) its main objective is to minimize the effect of cables.  But, in my experience, you should use the best wire you can afford.  The current domain signal transfer is very small and the swings from low to high volume tiny.  And if you roll your own wire diameter it has to be very small as the mini-XLR connectors are extremely difficult to work.  I used Furutech mini-XLRs and Parts Connexion silver core wire and had to drill the Furotech opening of the screw-on case to accommodate the cable size with 23 awg wires.  It was extremely frustrating to say the least.

Finding the right size wire would have made my DYI experience easier.

http://www.audiolab.com/krell-cast-mmf-interconnect-cable/  

thanks DACLadder
yes I know the philosophy behind ACCS, and I have some skill in soldering
so lets try it

I didn’t like the AGD ACCS cable much. I preferred to use a good balanced cable between M7 and M9. That was until I brought a DHC ACCS cable. The DHC is very expansive thou. Other cable makers can probably offer a good ACCS cable for less money if you ask around. 

Thanks
yes I also agree that default accs and usb cable from audio gd is good for price but is not the best
I like to DIY it

If you are interested in a Double Helix ACSS cable, please PM me. I have one pair that I'm not using anymore since I've just sold my Master-10 amplifier and kept only the Master-7 dac.

thanks bro, I will try to make it

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #3,640 of 4,451
thanks FredA
actually I have OCC wire but unfortunately insulated by PE not PTFE
but it is available for me for no $
so I would try it and hope it would be good enough for me

thanks DACLadder
yes I know the philosophy behind ACCS, and I have some skill in soldering
so lets try it

Thanks
yes I also agree that default accs and usb cable from audio gd is good for price but is not the best
I like to DIY it

thanks bro, I will try to make it

One thing with OCC and diy cable, they is break-in period of around 80 hours. Before that, you will miss bass extension. By the way, DoubleHelixcables is offering 24AWG for 2$ per foot, so for a 2 feet cable like i assemble using a 3 wire braid, it means 24$ worth of wire, Should sound very very good.

May 27, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #3,642 of 4,451
What do you think about this configuration:
Mac mini --> USB --> MATRIX X-SPDIF 2 --> hdmi --> master 7S (with I2S)

http://www.matrix-digi.com/en/products/158/index.html

I was looking at that Matrix DDC also - I currently have a SU-1 and Tanly and both those PCB's have the moat to separate the input and output halves, so not sure if the Matrix is similar (or if it really matters).
I did a quick check of the Matrix i2S HDMI pins position vs Audio-GD,, and think they maybe are compatible.. maybe someone with a better understanding can take a look at this image.
compare gd to matrix.jpg

May 27, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #3,643 of 4,451
The signals look compatible on the Matrix but what is the illustration of the Matrix HDMI connector? The signal positions on the connector looked correct from the HDMI cable's perspective but not the Matrix HDMI output connector. In other words if the Matrix connector is an illustration looking into the connector from the outside then IIS_DATA- is on pin 19 instead (should be pin 1).

It doesn't make sense for them to wire up a connector backward as you would then be sending differential signal down single wire pairs on the wrong side of the cable. Just need to understand if they are calling IIS_DATA- pin 1 on their output connector. Take a look at this real HDMI output connector's pinout and position of pin 1 in relation to your diagram.

http://www.smartavlink.com/cjwt.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back