Audio-GD FORMER Owners-
Feb 27, 2018 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Nick 214

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Friends:

So I've noticed a fairly large amount of Audio-GD products (amps, and DACS) coming up on the FS/FT forums.

I find it interesting how many listings note "bought in Dec. 2017," or "had for three months," or something of the like.

Is there something to Audio-GD owners unloading their products in such short fashion? I've had my Audio-GD conditioner for years, and plan on buying two more units (Amp and DAC...) this week.

Are folks just itching to upgrade further into the line, or is there some fun bug that pops up after three months?

NK

Mar 2, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 23
Only considering selling my AGD gear to move up the chain. I borrowed an old NFB 12 from a buddy when I was “between” amps a while ago and I was hooked.

I like the smooth yet dynamic sound of their amps...moving up the R2R chain now...

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 23
If my AGD NFB 28.38 hits the FS forum it will be cause I'm moving up the line. Gotta get a dac to go with my HE-9, which I just purchased b/c I enjoy my NFB 28.38 so much. I'm also a sucker for any company where the owner or guy that runs the place replies to email in person.

#KINGWA'SECRETSAUCE!

Mar 12, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 23
I've had my Audio-GD gear (in my sig) for probably 2, maybe 3 years now? I can't remember. Still loving it.

M11 (original version) makes my Utopia's sing... Precision 1 (now discontinued) does the same with my LS50's for speaker listening.

I kind of just lost the upgrade-itis disease :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #9 of 23
Just moving up the chain. NFB28 to Master 11 and now the Master 9.
Was banking on the Master 11 to be end game for me. But I couldn't resist the urge to see what improvements the Master 9 would bring over the Master 11's amp.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #11 of 23
Aye Nick, you'll enjoy it :) Shipping to you when day time comes. :D

EDIT: Guess this makes me a former owner too. And audio-gd products are a bit of a gateway drug into even more expensive stuff so sometimes itll only be in someones hands for a little bit before they want even more.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #12 of 23
Very happy, fairly new Master 9 owner here. Got an excellent price on it second-hand. I'm sold on the sound and overall quality of tbe product. I'm looking to buy a couple power amps from him/them eventually as well.

Mar 28, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #13 of 23
Had an nfb-11.28 for a few months. Main reason I sold it was because I no longer needed the amp portion, but there was some sibilance/distortion in the treble which became an issue in piano tracks. It was fairly noticeable, as I had non-audio friends demo it and they all heard the same thing. I attribute this to the dac as it was still apparent when connected to separate amps.

It's possible the unit was just a dud though

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #14 of 23
I owned the R2R11 for about 3 months and loved it as an all-in-one. I had two other primary amps and was using the R2R11 only as a DAC. I purchased a Denafrips Ares(a major dac upgrade) and it became my stand-alone DAC. While I thought the R2R11 was awesome, I really wasn't using it and recently sold it to another head-fier

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #15 of 23
I owned the R2R11 for about 3 months and loved it as an all-in-one. I had two other primary amps and was using the R2R11 only as a DAC. I purchased a Denafrips Ares(a major dac upgrade) and it became my stand-alone DAC. While I thought the R2R11 was awesome, I really wasn't using it and recently sold it to another head-fier

How do they compare? I'm also an R2R 11 owner that's been thinking of upgrading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back