Audio-GD DI-20
Dec 14, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #3,091 of 5,348
Help please, I have both MacBook Pro and Nvidia Shield tv pro and DI-20 only has single USB, how would I connect both USB to DI-20? by hub? splitter(if it exist)?
For best sound quality, I suggest you to use just one usb at a time without any splitter in the chain to your DAC.There are devices which take usb input and has coaxial output, such as Topping D10, but direct connection will have better sound quality.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #3,093 of 5,348
It may have been my post, but updating the Amanero (Windows drivers) didn't make any difference for my occasional blaring loud distortion problem, and performance was the same. Or if were you talking about updating the DI-20 onboard firmware, that can really change the sound.

Dec 15, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #3,094 of 5,348
It may have been my post, but updating the Amanero (Windows drivers) didn't make any difference for my occasional blaring loud distortion problem, and performance was the same. Or if were you talking about updating the DI-20 onboard firmware, that can really change the sound.
Yeah, talking about Amanero specifically. Good to know that there is no difference. Didn't think there would be.

And as you mentioned, Firmware DEFINITELY changes the sound.

Dec 15, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #3,095 of 5,348
Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #3,097 of 5,348
USB protocol do not allow multiple hosts, just a single host talking to multiple targets, therefore hub won't help. There are mechanical switches for conecting multiple sources to a single monitor, keyboard and mouse, called KVM switches. Such devices may also have switcheable USB hosts. You can search for KVM, assuming a price is acceptable, it would be a good solution.

Dec 20, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #3,098 of 5,348
Thanks all for the input, at this point I'm leaning toward to USB to Coaxial converter since switch/hub can potentially degrade both sources. But I am toying the idea and experiment converter and hub/switch see if I can hear the difference.

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #3,099 of 5,348
Anyone having this issue where sometimes youll have song play thru the DI-20 (on coax) and then youll here a quick pop (like a power spike or something) where the music goes into a higher fidelity that whats being played and then back to normal again? I've had that happen several times, and wonder if there is any way to get it to that higher resolution? Im at 48k currently.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #3,101 of 5,348
Hi All,

Interested in this product but concern about some of the issues I have read just in the last couple of pages, such as pops, crackling noises, firmware updates. Just curious if these problems were solved.

Thanks!
Firmware updates are not issues. It is optional and allows a different sound signature which serves only as an upgrade option. I have used DI20HE since early days and I don't notice any of these issues except firmware updates required Win7 instead of Win10.

Dec 24, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #3,104 of 5,348
Hi All,

Interested in this product but concern about some of the issues I have read just in the last couple of pages, such as pops, crackling noises, firmware updates. Just curious if these problems were solved.

Thanks!
for me...I didnt update a thing...and it sounds ethereal. About the pops and crackling noises, for me, happens so often when the computer im using and the music app hasn't synced up perfectly with the DI-20. Usually when I have the app up before I turn the DI-20 on, the pops and crackling happen (this often happens with some of my portable rigs, between my dap and dac/amp too).

There are three things you can do to solve this: First, start the app *after* you get the DI-20 up and running. If you already have your music app up..stop the music and then flip the selector between usb and coax a few times or turn the unit off--then back on--and then start your music. These solutions should work.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #3,105 of 5,348
Does anyone know if this thing has a hard reset option? I don't have a Windows machine that I have Admin rights to so reflashing anything is out of the question for now. No matter what order I start things up in, or how many times I switch inputs, or cycle the power, or anything else, the display flashes random numbers and I just get a high pitched squeal from the DAC. I'm feeding a pure signal from my Pi2AES streamer into the coax inputs. Is there an option to hold buttons down during startup or something to reset the software? Any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back