Audio-GD DI-20
Apr 18, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #1,158 of 5,348
Does linear power supply help for the clock? wonder it makes any difference. I am running with a square wave. I have not tried the sine wave yet.
The quality of the power supplying the XO is equal important as the XO itself. Meaning: "You can ruin the XO's performance with a bad/noisy power supply". Pick an Ultra silent LPS for the XO.
/Jan

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #1,159 of 5,348
Does linear power supply help for the clock? wonder it makes any difference. I am running with a square wave. I have not tried the sine wave yet.
As @JaMo said, and in my case, the regulator feeding the crystal is bypassed, so it is even more important. Will you hear a difference? It depends on so many factors, hard to say. If you pay 130usd like i did for a lps plus a good dc cable, there is not much to loose.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #1,160 of 5,348
As @JaMo said, and in my case, the regulator feeding the crystal is bypassed, so it is even more important. Will you hear a difference? It depends on so many factors, hard to say. If you pay 130usd limlke i did for a lps plus a good dc cable, there is not much to loose.
Yeah. Order one from Aliexpress, looks like a very good quality one. I did the sound testing between Square and Sine. To me, Square sounds better than Sine wave. I will be feeding Square to DI and R7HE when I get those.

Apr 18, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #1,162 of 5,348
So, I finally received my USB blaster yesterday, and with a lot of putZing...I’m a MAC guy NOT PC... I think I was able to update my firmwarE. Is there a way to check the firmware version from the display? Thanks; Tim

Apr 18, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #1,164 of 5,348
So, I finally received my USB blaster yesterday, and with a lot of putZing...I’m a MAC guy NOT PC... I think I was able to update my firmwarE. Is there a way to check the firmware version from the display? Thanks; Tim
If the glitch in parallel mode and external xo is gone, you have reached the superior level.

Apr 21, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #1,170 of 5,348
My di-20 is still burning in. One week in. It sounds at bit bright opposed to the unit I borrowed from a friend. Any experience with changes in tonal balance as the unit burns in? I’m a bit concerned..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back