Audio-GD DI-20
Apr 14, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #1,126 of 5,353
Jay.. mine arrived today! 90/98 version. Having auditioned my friends di-20 last week and read though this entire thread, I decided to go for it in my main setup between my sotm sms-200 and my electrocompaniet ecd-1 dac. Coming from a gustard u12 which I loved, the di-20 is better in every way; more body to the sound, more impact, more bas control (not so open as the gustard though but might be due to burn in). Will be interesting to hear the changes the next weeks. Should have about 100 hours from the store..

Apr 14, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #1,127 of 5,353
Jay.. mine arrived today! 90/98 version. Having auditioned my friends di-20 last week and read though this entire thread, I decided to go for it in my main setup between my sotm sms-200 and my electrocompaniet ecd-1 dac. Coming from a gustard u12 which I loved, the di-20 is better in every way; more body to the sound, more impact, more bas control (not so open as the gustard though but might be due to burn in). Will be interesting to hear the changes the next weeks. Should have about 100 hours from the store..

Let it burn in for at least 2 weeks with constant power on..To get its full performance

Apr 15, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #1,128 of 5,353
I was clued into the DI-20 when it first came out, but had literally just bought a Singxer SU-6.
Have always planned to buy di-20he, but wanted to wait for people to get solid impressions on it.
Now that this thread has matured, is there any consensus on:

#1 External clock vs using the upgraded internal 90/98M clocks?
#2 If external clock, what are people using, anything sticking out as the best?

Apr 15, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #1,129 of 5,353
I was clued into the DI-20 when it first came out, but had literally just bought a Singxer SU-6.
Have always planned to buy di-20he, but wanted to wait for people to get solid impressions on it.
Now that this thread has matured, is there any consensus on:

#1 External clock vs using the upgraded internal 90/98M clocks?
#2 If external clock, what are people using, anything sticking out as the best?
Everyone who got an external clock enjoyed a small to very noticeable improvement it seems.
The best units are Mutec and Cybershaft i read.

Even with the onboard accusilicons, the sound quality is excellent. But you need patience as they take very long to reach their full potential.

I you plan on getting a dac with a 10M input as well, investing in an external clock brings a much bigger benefit it seems from comments here, which just makes sense.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #1,131 of 5,353
Just got my Morion ocxo from Ebay's queenland. Good sounding but a high-pitched noise is emited by the crystal itself and ruins the experience. I'll see what the sellers says about it.

That sucks, well maybe in the meantime cover it with a few blankets or something until you get a new one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm really interested to hear your impressions on the Morion, because that's exactly what I'm planning. DI-20HE with Morion.
@rsbrsvp said earlier in this thread it was a significant improvement.

What are people powering their Morions with by the way? I see it takes 12v in, I was thinking about an iPower X https://ifi-audio.com/products/ipowerx/

Apr 16, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #1,132 of 5,353
That sucks, well maybe in the meantime cover it with a few blankets or something until you get a new one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm really interested to hear your impressions on the Morion, because that's exactly what I'm planning. DI-20HE with Morion.
@rsbrsvp said earlier in this thread it was a significant improvement.

What are people powering their Morions with by the way? I see it takes 12v in, I was thinking about an iPower X https://ifi-audio.com/products/ipowerx/
I use this psu:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/25W-TALEMA-...&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&redirect=mobile

Apr 16, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #1,133 of 5,353

If it takes 12v DC and < 1.5A, you can get a Teradak DC-30w 12V DC version(there is a AC version, be careful). It is better than a lot of linear power supplies and not cheap. Either from ebay/aliexpress or from the Teradak producer official store on taobao.com(Teradak(少帅音响)). And its official store has many DC-30w versions with different technologies, sometime with double price as the basic one.

I am using a most basic model of DC-30w 12VDC to my external clock.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #1,134 of 5,353
Apr 16, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #1,138 of 5,353
Apr 16, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #1,139 of 5,353
I know it's a lot of marketing bullsh*t, but ifi iPower X claims much lower noise floor than a linear PSU. I might just try it out to start, since it's pretty cheap.
The drawback with swiching psus is not the noise they have at the output but rather how they contaminate the power line. But i don't hear much of a difference with either feeding the ocxo.

Apr 17, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #1,140 of 5,353
Just got my Morion ocxo from Ebay's queenland. Good sounding but a high-pitched noise is emited by the crystal itself and ruins the experience. I'll see what the sellers says about it.
I have received my unit with 2 square waves and 1 sine wave. No high pitched noise from my system. To me sound like the better tone and music seem to flow better. Only on for 30 mins, does clocks need some time to properly run-in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back