Audio-GD DI-20
Jan 23, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #796 of 5,351
Could someone tell me how the ACSS IC cables from Kingwa compare to pure silver litz IC's in their system???

In mine- the ACSS seem to be a bit more detailed- but also a bit thinner sounding. Don't know which I like better....
You need occ silver litz acss to max. sound quality, or occ copper litz acss is very good as well. DIY is the only way I know for silver litz, or maybe Tubulus uses litz.

Jan 23, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #797 of 5,351
You seem well setup. Your usb and hdmi cables could be bottlenecks, other than that, maybe there is a lack of burn-in overall. You need close to a thousand hours on each gear.

Thats good news as I'm at around 300 hours burn in time...

You need occ silver litz acss to max. sound quality, or occ copper litz acss is very good as well. DIY is the only way I know for silver litz, or maybe Tubulus uses litz.

I don't know how to anything myself in electronics. Could you make some for me?

Jan 23, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #798 of 5,351
Kingwa said he likes wire world chroma
me thinks Kingwa shares factories with big name brands. On his lunch break he can grab a chroma off the conveyor belt. But shipping a $20 belden would be way too much time and money.

I don't know how to anything myself in electronics. Could you make some for me?
and soon after "DIF Cables" was formed and the rest is history

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #799 of 5,351
me thinks Kingwa shares factories with big name brands. On his lunch break he can grab a chroma off the conveyor belt. But shipping a $20 belden would be way too much time and money.

and soon after "DIF Cables" was formed and the rest is history
Would be FredACables I guess.

@rsbrsvp : just made 3 new ones for friends and am on a break. It's a pain to do and hard to find affordable wire. The last one was made with aliexpress neotech occ silver litz. It is still a little bright so i can't unconditionally recommend it yet. As for making cable for fellow headfier, i don't have time at the moment.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #802 of 5,351
I still not decided about HDMI cable(
I'm afraid to miss the choice
Kingwa said he likes wire world chroma

Why don't you just buy both and let us know which one is better?

I use the Chroma7 upon Kingwa's recommendation and I know Kingwa spent a lot of money trying HDMI cables.
It is much better than the Moshou flat HDMI I used for the review, the main improvement is it's less prickly, has a more balanced treble and more transparent midrange.
I also took the Chroma7 to a friend's house, some of his HDMI cables are well over $1000 and the Chroma7 was his favourite, the soundstaging and timbral clarity are really something on the Chroma7.

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #804 of 5,351
I found several companies who will make ACSS cabals for me using up-occ litz and I wanted to ask Fred, does gage thickness make a difference?

Some use 28 AWG, some 24 AWG, and some 22 AWG. Can't find any thicker... I always thought for analogue IC's that thicker is better but these ACSS cables are unique and it may not make a difference.

Please advise....

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #805 of 5,351
I found several companies who will make ACSS cabals for me using up-occ litz and I wanted to ask Fred, does gage thickness make a difference?

Some use 28 AWG, some 24 AWG, and some 22 AWG. Can't find any thicker... I always thought for analogue IC's that thicker is better but these ACSS cables are unique and it may not make a difference.

Please advise....
I would go 26. This is the best i have tried. Thicker makes the sound rounder. 24 is still pretty balanced, a bit round.

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #806 of 5,351
I always thought for analogue IC's that thicker is better but these ACSS cables are unique and it may not make a difference.

For signal cables thinner is always better as long as it can deliver the current required at the lowest resistance, that's why Litz is popular since you can send more current over multiple smaller gauge cores. Best size you're aiming for are cores at 20 awg or thinner.

For example, my speaker cable is an 8 core at 18 AWG per core (well close enough to 20 AWG I guess), but when combined it is about 9 AWG.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #810 of 5,351
Ted from Headphone lounge is building it for me. T2 silver stranded litz..

My headphone cables are made out of the same thing..
Whatever signature your headphone cables has, it should be the same if you go unshielded, which i favor. Shielded cables are slower/rounder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back