Audio-GD DI-20
Jan 7, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #5,117 of 5,353
I just wrote to audio-gd myself and asked how different 24 is to 20. They said like Fred reported- more transparent and more air and less warm- but a "small difference". I'm gunna wait a few months for some reports before jumping in. Looking forward.

Jan 7, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #5,118 of 5,353
You expect it to be better than you expect it to be? That is expectation bias at work... :wink:
read again. por favor...you implied something here not me..

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #5,120 of 5,353
switched from a peachtree integrated to a DI20, eversolo dmp-a6 master edition with the beatechnik linear power supply installed, going to a diy Aleph Mini speaker amp, Selah Voce 3 way bookshelves. I should have done this sooner, music is so much more enjoyable and long sessions are much easier. I had the di20 in my stack of unused gear hehe.

Windows 11 automatically installed amanero driver 1.0.67.0 should I keep using this or install the Setupuac2 1.1.0.81 file from the amanero web site? I bought the di20 in march 2023, so I'm sure it has the newest 4.0.67 firmware installed..

Jan 10, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #5,121 of 5,353
switched from a peachtree integrated to a DI20, eversolo dmp-a6 master edition with the beatechnik linear power supply installed, going to a diy Aleph Mini speaker amp, Selah Voce 3 way bookshelves. I should have done this sooner, music is so much more enjoyable and long sessions are much easier. I had the di20 in my stack of unused gear hehe.

Windows 11 automatically installed amanero driver 1.0.67.0 should I keep using this or install the Setupuac2 1.1.0.81 file from the amanero web site? I bought the di20 in march 2023, so I'm sure it has the newest 4.0.67 firmware installed..
Use whatever audio-gd recommends. There is a link on their website.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #5,122 of 5,353
IMG_20240115_103505.jpg

Got the DI24HE this morning. Up and running it is.

First impressions

1. Less warm
2. A bit more definition
3. A more energetic presentation

So far so good. One wll not have to re-tune his system because the difference is quite small so far. The most noticeable is the sound being more lively. Of course, much burn-in is needed.

Couple of notes

1. The case has less depth (32cm instead of 34)
2. The selection button directly switches between the internal and external clock when the display is in normal state (not in the settings state). The corresponding first setting's digit will not blink when selected. This can be confusing.
3. The case has similar material but with finer brushed finish, so it looks of better quality. The finish also has very nice uniformity. Nice little unit (not so little)

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #5,123 of 5,353
I like the the iec on the back and the switch in the front. This makes for a more solid connection (the clipped-on iec is not as solid on the di20he). Well done, Kingwa and mates, this unit is very well packaged.

The venting hole on top is gone, by the way.

Still have to try the clock generator and the clock out in general.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #5,127 of 5,353
The "more energetic" part- sounds up my alley, but to be stuck with one firmware option- if I dont like it - I'm stuck..

I like the 4 options for firmware on the DI-20HE-- as it allows for fine tuning. I wonder how long it will be until some firmware options are out...

I understand the 24 is less warm- but is it still thick sounding? The 20 has meat on the bone. I dont mind less warmth, but I like tonal saturation.. THin is no good. In fact, I prefer a cloder more energetic sound- but I need tonal color...

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #5,128 of 5,353
The "more energetic" part- sounds up my alley, but to be stuck with one formware option- if I dont like it - I'm stuck..

I like the 4 options for firmware on the DI-20HE-- as it allows for fine tuning. I wonder how long it will be until some firmware options are out...

I understand the 24 is less warm- but is it still thick sounding? The 20 has meat on the bone. I dont mind less warmth, but I like tonal saturation.. THin is no good.
Which firmware do you prefere for the DI20HE? I have never tried changing them. I bought mine in 2022 so I assume I have the latest.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #5,129 of 5,353
The "more energetic" part- sounds up my alley, but to be stuck with one firmware option- if I dont like it - I'm stuck..

I understand the 24 is less warm- but is it still thick sounding? The 20 has meat on the bone. I dont mind less warmth, but I like tonal saturation.. THin is no good. In fact, I prefer a cloder more energetic sound- but I need tonal color...
It is not thin. Just a bit thinner. It is too early to be assertive but so far, I don't miss the old unit with this regard. Staging on the other hand is not as good. It is one thing that require more time, from experience. Burn-in should fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back