Audio-GD DI-20
Dec 25, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #5,056 of 5,390
Something for the 2024 New Year.

http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/DI24HE/DI24HEEN.htm

What's new feature in DI-24HE:
1, Built in 50 and 75 ohm external clock input ports , for compatible with the external clock model output impedance (remove the spdif input feature of the DI-20HE, became the 75 ohm clock input feature ).
2, Built in 10MHz clock generator .The FPGA design the clock processor for reduce the jitter and phase noise, 50 and 75 ohm clock output ports that can work as an external clock , feed the 10MHz signal to the DAC. The clock outputs can switch between internal clock and external clock by user set on the front plate.
3, Fully isolator built in , not only the USB input with isolation, but the external 10MHz clock input with the isolation , through the isolation output connect to the DAC that can reject the power interrupt .
4, All output circuits power supply by pure class A PSU for get the better analog feeling sound, USB interface ,FPGA and clocks power supply by 4 groups DC serve power supply and 5 group ultra speed linear PSUs.

Dec 25, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #5,057 of 5,390
Something for the 2024 New Year.

http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/DI24HE/DI24HEEN.htm

What's new feature in DI-24HE:
1, Built in 50 and 75 ohm external clock input ports , for compatible with the external clock model output impedance (remove the spdif input feature of the DI-20HE, became the 75 ohm clock input feature ).
2, Built in 10MHz clock generator .The FPGA design the clock processor for reduce the jitter and phase noise, 50 and 75 ohm clock output ports that can work as an external clock , feed the 10MHz signal to the DAC. The clock outputs can switch between internal clock and external clock by user set on the front plate.
3, Fully isolator built in , not only the USB input with isolation, but the external 10MHz clock input with the isolation , through the isolation output connect to the DAC that can reject the power interrupt .
4, All output circuits power supply by pure class A PSU for get the better analog feeling sound, USB interface ,FPGA and clocks power supply by 4 groups DC serve power supply and 5 group ultra speed linear PSUs.
I was going to sleep. My excitement raised. I have to go for a walk...

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #5,059 of 5,390
I'm not very happy with all these features; the S/PDIF input has been removed..is this what if I wanted to connect my CD player? I hope that one of the 50/75 ohm 10MHz inputs can be replaced by the S/PDIF input. This new version will arrive for me in January

Dec 26, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #5,060 of 5,390
I'm not very happy with all these features; the S/PDIF input has been removed..is this what if I wanted to connect my CD player? I hope that one of the 50/75 ohm 10MHz inputs can be replaced by the S/PDIF input. This new version will arrive for me in January
Yes, I think so. All ports with BNC connector are marked as multipurpose. Such conversion can be available later with firmware update.

Dec 26, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #5,061 of 5,390
Yes, I think so. All ports with BNC connector are marked as multipurpose. Such conversion can be available later with firmware update.
It has not been announced but i suppose indeed that one could have the bnc out instead of 75ohm clock out and spdif input instead of 75ohm clock input. Something to ask before buying. This makes the unit more versatile.

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #5,062 of 5,390
I got more info from Kingwa.

He says the new design is totally different, meaning how the usb board is isolated. So it allowed for easy introduction of additional power lines. There are indeed 4 power groups distributed between usb, FPGA and outputs. These psus are better than the linear psus used before.

Kingwa says the sound is slignly more accurate, has more air but does not have the warmth of the di20he. So it is a slight upgrade that have will more or less of an effect depending on the system and preferences.

I am torned with getting one. :) I like air and accuracy. And warmth too.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #5,063 of 5,390
More info about the new di24/he:

1. New fws will come with spdif input/ouput replacing the 75 clock input/output. Not ready yet.
2. The new built-in 10mhz clock generator is really good. Not as good as a Mutec ref10 but better than cheap ocxos out there. So this is really exciting for people on a tighter budget.
3. The new di24/he, despite being slightly more accurate and more airy is without harshness whatsoever.

I am thinking of ordering one. :)

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #5,064 of 5,390

1. New fws will come with spdif input/ouput replacing the 75 clock input/output. Not ready yet.
2. The new built-in 10mhz clock generator is really good. Not as good as a Mutec ref10 but better than cheap ocxos out there. So this is really exciting for people on a tighter budget.
3. The new di24/he, despite being slightly more accurate and more airy is without harshness whatsoever.

With the holiday special, it is tempting......

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #5,065 of 5,390

Considering a price is just inflation driven (not changed since the original release), this extra $80 is a big saving for the external clock (see #2).

And finally non-HE version (with other features the same) is back @$640. This is a price of a decent external clock like OCK-2!

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #5,067 of 5,390
the new features are very interesting but the DI-24HE is now much more PC oriented and less versatile. having abolished the S/PDIF input for the moment is not good at all
Don’t worry, it should be back before long.

Another feature is the 80mhz the 10M signal is generated from can be swapped easily with a cchd-575, being on a socket. Kingwa uses tricks to reduce phase noise and achieve very good performance. I am intrigued by this.

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #5,068 of 5,390
Don’t worry, it should be back before long.

Another feature is the 80mhz the 10M signal is generated from can be swapped easily with a cchd-575, being on a socket. Kingwa uses tricks to reduce phase noise and achieve very good performance. I am intrigued by this.
The cchd will need to be soldered on an adapter as it is surface mount .

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #5,069 of 5,390
The cchd will need to be soldered on an adapter as it is surface mount .
Correct. And there are more issues, just forget about.
:)

Dec 26, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #5,070 of 5,390
Correct. And there are more issues, just forget about.
:)
Kingwa himself suggested swapping in a Crystek. The cchd-950 has the required frequency, which looks like 80Mhz from the pics. A dip8 adapter would likely work, assuming all electrical params are compatible, including the waveform. I will ask Kingwa.

I bought cchd-957s on dip8 adapters in 2016 from twistedpearaudio to replace a similar Chinese pair of oscillators inside a weiliang audio ddc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back