Audio-GD DI-20
Dec 10, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #273 of 5,351
@FredA Congrats on finally receiving your DI-20 HE! So happy to hear your impressions.

@Wynnytsky @ToddRaymond I get kickbacks on every AGD product sold..thank you very much! No... not really. I'm just a big fan of Kingwa!! For the past three years all my DACs sound better every 3-4 months. Many firmware revisions, a few hardware changes, and my system is reborn. The DI-20 HE is right there as a solid tweak (most likely) and makes my system sound better.

2019 is heck of a year in AGD universe! Accusilicon XOs, two major firmware releases, V2 DAC modules, and now the DI! Extraordinary work Kingwa! Take a break! You deserve it!

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #274 of 5,351
As some noted, sound quality fluctuactes quite rapidly at the beginning. I lost some quality for a couple of hours, now it is recovering. Lack of sub-bass right now.

Very stable unit operationally, no issue whatsover so far. The external 10m input also works like a charm, great programming job!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #275 of 5,351
It’s wonderful to see that all who have received their DI20’s are pleased. I just received my tracking number tonight! YeeHa! Can anyone in the USA comment on ETA from when they received tracking to actual delivery’s?
Thanks.

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #276 of 5,351
It may be good to know that some patience is needed during the maturing of the DI's. From about day 4 to about day 14 there was a "not that excellent" performance. It was clean and sublime..not very interesting. The real blossom has started with mine now.(~370h). The engagement and embracing feelings are back now and the sound stage have expanded the last days... All this was present during the wild fluctuation days (day 1-2) but sunk away for a while... I report this so You don't feel disappointed during these approx.10 days. Just leave it playing 24/7 and You will soon find Yourself smiling while exploring Your music on another level. This morning was a "Wow"-morning. I have said it before.. -This DI20HE will never leave my home.
/Jan

ps It should be interesting to hear more about the non-HE DI.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #277 of 5,351
I just emailed Audio-GD requesting to order a DI-20HE in addition to the DI-20 90/98 i already have.
Im hoping there is some benefit to the HE option even when feeding from my HE-350. It will be interesting to see if I can tell the difference between the two in my system.
The DI-20 90/98 I currently have will go to my headphone setup with R1 and Master 9.

Dec 11, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #279 of 5,351
It’s wonderful to see that all who have received their DI20’s are pleased. I just received my tracking number tonight! YeeHa! Can anyone in the USA comment on ETA from when they received tracking to actual delivery’s?
Thanks.
Should take one week or so based on experience, but i am in Canada. Things are usually a bit quicker in the US. It is a busy time for shipping cies, so there can be delays.

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #280 of 5,351
@darren700 it seems like Kingwa will break sales records!
You are probably right, but this breakthrough in DDC technology really deserves it. I have a feeling the DI-20 design will not be beat anytime soon.
Great job Kingwa for designing such a great piece of gear for all of us to enjoy.
Audio-GD really seems like a diamond in the rough to me. Great performance from all of their products at realistic prices not blown up by marketing costs like other brands. FiiO also seems to follow this same mindset. I wish more companies would follow suit.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #284 of 5,351
@soundlogic My order took about 10 days from the time I received notice from AGD. Longer than I remember in past as it is the holiday season perhaps (DHL).

Glad a few are ordering HE and non-HE. That would be the next question in mind. How do these two compare?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back