Audio-GD DI-20
Apr 2, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #2,781 of 5,353
Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #2,782 of 5,353
Thanks. So what are you up to? You won't need a usb cable anymore?
I bought a sablon 2020 usb. I love nimak cables but the owner does not offer an audition and I need the option to return. I bought the sablon with a trial period and was shocked. More transparent, more detail, more natural. Less full sounding than nimak purple, but to my ears more CLEARLY more correct.

I can't listen to the nimak anymore..

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #2,783 of 5,353
I bought a sablon 2020 usb. I love nimak cables but the owner does not offer an audition and I need the option to return. I bought the sablon with a trial period and was shocked. More transparent, more detail, more natural. Less full sounding than nimak purple, but to my ears more CLEARLY more correct.

Nice to know. I will stick to the purple for quite a while though. It's the best i have tried so far. Can't complain much, i have awesome sound quality pretty much everyday of the week.

Apr 2, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #2,784 of 5,353
Well, I was looking into the new nimak but decided against it.

Nothing to excuse. Fred, you are a wonderful headfier who has shared much with all of us.
...totally agree that @Fred is an incredible headfier, from whom I've learnt a great deal. Thanks much @Fred for all your patience to get this newbie on the right path to truly exploiting every once of pleasure from my set-up...your experienced insight is truly invaluable!

Apr 2, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #2,785 of 5,353
...totally agree that @Fred is an incredible headfier, from whom I've learnt a great deal. Thanks much @Fred for all your patience to get this newbie on the right path to truly exploiting every once of pleasure from my set-up...your experienced insight is truly invaluable!
It's always a plasure for me to help. It makes me very happy, so thanks.

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #2,786 of 5,353
Still on the fence about whether or not a DI20 will do anything fo my r27( 2021 model) but wondering if there's any easy ways to setup the DI20 to burn in?

Do you need a source and output connected or is a source enough, just leave it connected to a old pc playing music 24/7.

Thankyou

Apr 3, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #2,787 of 5,353
Still on the fence about whether or not a DI20 will do anything fo my r27( 2021 model) but wondering if there's any easy ways to setup the DI20 to burn in?

Do you need a source and output connected or is a source enough, just leave it connected to a old pc playing music 24/7.

Thankyou
Ask Kingwa. I doubt so unless you use an external clock, which brings a small updrade.

The method you describe for burn-in will work but the outputs will then need 48-72h to work optimally.

The di20he is a safer bet to get an upgrade. It makes the sound more bassy and organic.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #2,788 of 5,353

I have the Sablon 2020 USB and like it very much together with Zenith 3 and DI-20HE.

Apr 4, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #2,789 of 5,353
The Nimak is definitely fuller, more impactful as well. The sablon is leaner, more transparent, more natural, arier.

If one wants more slam and body, nimak purple is superb. For the more complete dissapearing act, although still not 100%, the sablon is more "not there."

Apr 4, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #2,790 of 5,353
I have the Phasure Audio Lush^2. Its a fine cable with a very full and rich sound. After geting and comparing with the Sablon 2020 USB I could not go back. My Sablon is not lean nor does it lack impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back