Audio-Gd DAC3: [DOA] - FIXED!
Oct 13, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #16 of 35
Audio-Gd really do produce quality stuff. Not sure what happened to my DAC3 exactly. My DAC3 should reach him most likely tomorrow.
Let's see how Kingwa rectifies the problem. 

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #21 of 35
How did Audio GD refund the shipping cost?
Did you send an actual receipt or emailing should be sufficient?

I've sent a unit back to be repaired under 1st year warranty, it was fixed and sent back to me quite quickly, but then the shipment refund is never done. I've sent the receipt via email and asked for paypal transfer. This is about 2 months ago already.

Just wondering how is it done normally.

Oct 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #23 of 35
Hi Esukma

What is your model and what is its problem?
I would be surprise if kingwa didn't handle your case promptly, they will not refund the shipping cost if it is found to be users' fault.

Quote:
How did Audio GD refund the shipping cost?
Did you send an actual receipt or emailing should be sufficient?

I've sent a unit back to be repaired under 1st year warranty, it was fixed and sent back to me quite quickly, but then the shipment refund is never done. I've sent the receipt via email and asked for paypal transfer. This is about 2 months ago already.

Just wondering how is it done normally.

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #24 of 35
It's a compass and was dead no sound whatsoever from all modes.

Audio gd did handle the repair very quickly, very impressed with the service, it was repaired within a week after they received the unit, and confirmed that the unit was faulty.

After sending the unit back to me, audio gd said that the shipment cost will be refunded as their warranty policy and I did scan the shipping receipt and emailed to audio gd which until now I haven't got anything back.

My question is does scanning and emailing the receipt is enough or he expect the receipt to be mailed to him?
Anyway I've sent another email to them.

Is issue/problem with audio gd unit is quite common? Which I question the quality of the unit despite all of those excellent reviews in this forum.

I've always bought british/japanesse brand audio equipment before and never have any problem.

Oct 26, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #25 of 35
Keep contacting them. As I said before, past few months audio-gd has been randomly ignoring my emails. I am not going to complain in detail just yet, but I really hope audio-gd changes things soon. The amount of repeat emails I've sent has been a major turn off.

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #26 of 35
So far, I was told that once I confirmed that my DAC is working, then they will refund me back my shipping fees. Sent numerous emails directed specifically to Kingwa as to why my DAC will DOA. But............ No reply. Even when there is reply, it is addressed to my other qns. Really hope Audio-Gd quality don't drop. Expecting to receive my DAC today
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Oct 28, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #27 of 35
I emailed Kingwa and he said that he has contacted both people above. 
smile.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #29 of 35
Ok, it's saturday night nw and I just came back from work selling Apple Products.
Would like to officially declare that SingPost is an official screw-up post service beyond the most screwed up.
My mum is at home doing housework in her room at at noon 1200hrs. Came home and saw a notice of failed delivery at 1250hrs.
Ain't hear any doorbell ringing and I conclude that the postman is impatient to ring and go without waiting!
Tired after work and got really frustrated with stupid notice of failed delivery. That means I have to go all the way back to East side to collect the DAC myself or press them to ship my dac to me on monday itself which I highly doubt so as it takes at least a working day to re-post the item to my house.
Can't they even call me if no one ans the door? DHL is so much better. Of course the higher shipping price.

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #30 of 35
Gotten the DAC by collecting personally from the post office 5 hrs ago. Set up 2.5 hrs ago.
This time round it works!
First immediate impression is the apparent improvement to the details. Other than that, nothing else much.
Two hours plus later, hey hey, I am in for a surprise! The soundstage widens and a listen to Diana Krall Temptation SACD really sent my jaw dropping.
It really amaze me with the amount of separation of instruments. Organs can be heard without much effort from 1:45 onwards.
Another listen to Ottamr Liebart SACD also yield an ear-opening experience.
Shall post more. Its 2am at my place nw! Gotta slp and leave the DAC running for more magic when I wake up later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back