Audio-gd DAC 19 series - the Wolfson DAC - NFB-2 and NFB-3
Aug 24, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 18
I think the NFB-2 & 3 are meant to compete in the US$400 bracket. This means DACs such as the Dacmagic. I'd like to hear a showdown between the two.

The NFB-3 is a short-term production only.

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 18

Quote:
same price range to combine with amp C-2

i don't understand the diffrent in hardware of NFB-2 and NFB-3??

From the website: I'll let someone else translate the broken English into something more coherent:

[size=large]What's different between NFB-2 and NFB-3?

[/size][size=x-small]The NFB-3 also applied most high end parts, like [/size][size=x-small] DALE and Vishay resistors , NOVER caps ,[/size][size=x-small]the most different  as follow
1, The NFB-3 applied 2 groups [/size]
[size=x-small]class A parallel connection PSU supplied for analog output stage, (the analog output stage power supply is much important, so we keep the [/size] [size=x-small]2 groups [/size] [size=x-small]class A parallel connection PSU here). Another 5 groups linear PSUs supplied for other parts. The NFB-2 applied 6 groups class A parallel connection PSU for whole gear, and one linear PSU for the control parts.
2, The NFB-3 applied
[/size] [size=x-small]a circularity core transformer, the NFB-2 applied a R core transformer.
3, The NFB-3 applied most EVOX caps, the NFB-2 applied most WIMA caps. On other parts, NFB-2 had extra same with the NFB-3.
[/size]

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 18
The V DAC and the DAC magic fall in the same range, but my feeling is performance wise the FUN should exceed the DACMAGIC and the V DAC,then this puts the NFB2-3 between the FUN and the DAC-19

Aug 25, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #6 of 18
I've been looking for a dedicated DAC in the $300 price range - looked for new & used but never pulled the trigger.

I happened to browse the audio-gd website just for fun and found out they've release the NFB-2 and NFB-3.  Great going, Kingwa, and thanks putting out this promising product!  I'm in the process of getting a quote and ordering one now.  I've listened to the FUN and it sounds pretty good with my K702. Here's hoping the NFB-3 and C-2 combo works well!

In case you're wondering about 24/96 vs 24/192 option, here's Kingwa's reply to the differences:

The 96K version applied the DIR9001 receiver which is the least jitter receiver in world, its jitter only 50 ps.
The 192K version applied the Cs8416 receiver the jitter is 200ps.

[ edit: now Kingwa has that info posted on the web page! talk about fast response! ]

Aug 25, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 18
You mean "just for FUN” don't you?
wink.gif

Quote:

I happened to browse the audio-gd website just for fun and found out they've release the NFB-2 and NFB-3.  Great going, Kingwa, and thanks putting out this promising product!  I'm in the process of getting a quote and ordering one now.  I've listened to the FUN and it sounds pretty good with my K702. Here's hoping the NFB-3 and C-2 combo works well!

Aug 25, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #11 of 18
Just as I am looking into a new DAC. Hope it will sound good. Will be a couple of months at least until I can afford it though. Want the NFB-3 (192khz) version, but the "Promo and not long term products" worries me...

Aug 25, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #13 of 18
Well I don't know how long it will be available. Unless I am misunderstanding something. I won't have the money for about 3 months from now and I don't want the DAC to have disappeared by then 
frown.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #15 of 18
Hmm possibly. Will have to wait for a review though to see if I want it or not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back