Audio-gd Compass 2 amp/DAC Impressions thread
Feb 19, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #271 of 438
I am sorry to hear, but you shall be aware that the most factories / stores in China would be closed and empty for a long period of time during Lunar New Year. The time u had delivered your parcel was exactly their holiday period as stated perviously in their web site, so be sure to contact Kingwa or any salesman in China before if he could make any arrangement on your delivery / purchase or anything

As far as I was aware the attempted delivery of the package was before Audio-GD’s shutdown for Chinese New Year.  I had sent several emails to Kingwa before I sent it and several once delivery was attempted which were responded to by Audio-GD representatives, so in short they were well aware that the package was on its way.

Since then I have sent several emails to Audio-GD asking that we can discuss an amicable solution to this difficult issue.  None of which have been responded to, in fact my last email was 5 days ago to which I have yet to receive a response.

Having a background in IT I understand that there can be issues with email services etc., so I setup an additional email account asking for a quote on a new piece of Audio-GD equipment, to which I received a formal quote in less than 6 hours. 

So it’s getting pretty clear that Audio-GD is either considering how to respond or completely ignoring my emails.  I wouldn’t like to guess which. 

I can understand the difficulties around the delivery of my package; it’s the lack of response that is driving me mad at the moment.  It’s a pretty poor show from a historically very customer focused company.  I have no issue eating a little humble pie if Audio-GD are able to atleast respond to my emails, but i will not simply forget about the issue.

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #273 of 438
I can't reply any words by the Micsoft IE, just setup the firefox for reply you.

I don't think this this is had fault by us.
We have try some times contact the post office but never have find your pack's inform. You must know the post office not under our control.

If you shipping with EMS or DHL or other express, they will call us and delivery the pack,so there will have not any issues.

I just check the email, and find the matter.
I was ask you shipping to this the address detail as follow:
2nd industrial park, Fulu , Leliu ,Shunde Distric,
City: Foshan
Province: Guangdong
Postal code: 528322
TEL:
0086 757 25636128 
numbers_button_skype_logo.png
0086 757 25636128
0086 757 25636118 
numbers_button_skype_logo.png
0086 757 25636118
Name : Zhong Xing Hua

But you inform me you shipping the detail as follow:
Kingwa
2nd industrial park, Fulu , Leliu ,Shunde Distric, 
City: Foshan 
Province: Guangdong 

Without the Chinese name (Zhong Xing Hua) and without the telephone number, even you shipping a lot times but the post office still will return to you.

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #275 of 438
  Informative post.

Thank you for the response Kingwa, a little information goes a long way!
It looks like a bit of a communication breakdown.  Kingwa had sent the full return address to me in an earlier email (which was truncated by Gmail) and we had the following exchange:

C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

I understood the “OK” as confirmation that the address I was sending it to was correct.  The Chinese postal service state they attempted delivery on the 21st January, to which we will never know what they meant!  The subsequent lack of response from Audio-GD over an extended period was unfortunate.

On the basis of the above email exchange and communication breakdown I can only offer my apologies to Audio-GD and Kingwa.  On this basis I’m happy to either delete my previous posts or leave them here (and this apology) to serve as a lesson for people in the future.  In the meantime I will get back under my rock and hope that I do not take a $100 hit as a result of this process.

Thanks again for the response Kingwa.

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #277 of 438
If anybody's in the UK.. have you seen the exchange rate?? .. it's almost 1USD = 1.7GBP! (ie.... really good and may get even better). Going to be buying some upgrades from Audio-gd, shame the Wolfson module won't be around till mid March.

@Danpluck... that's a serious bummer, and I'm sure we all here feel for you and what happened.

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #278 of 438
I sent an email off a few days ago asking for a quote about upgrades. Is audio-gd@126.com the correct email address for this? I bought my Compass 2nd hand/new, therefore I have no idea how it all works. Thought they would've got back to me by now, or am I being unreasonable?

Any help would be appreciated
smile.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #279 of 438
  I sent an email off a few days ago asking for a quote about upgrades. Is audio-gd@126.com the correct email address for this? I bought my Compass 2nd hand/new, therefore I have no idea how it all works. Thought they would've got back to me by now, or am I being unreasonable?

Any help would be appreciated
smile.gif

Did you get an auto reply confirming they got your email?
If not, try using an alternate email address.

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #280 of 438
Good point sayh and thanks... no I didn't get an automated reply. The only other email address on the site is king-wa@hotmail.com but you seem to be discouraged from using it. Will try sending it again. 

*** Edit: Got an auto reply! ***

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #281 of 438
K.. got the quote.. was surprised to see this: "The TCXOs upgrade want to solder for take off the old clock and install the TCXOs , do you confirm you can solder?".

I thought the TXCO modules just slotted in on all the Audio_gd models? Fair enough, I can get my brother (sound engineer) to solder, but there are no instructions on the site.

Feb 22, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #282 of 438
K.. got the quote.. was surprised to see this: "The TCXOs upgrade want to solder for take off the old clock and install the TCXOs , do you confirm you can solder?".

I thought the TXCO modules just slotted in on all the Audio_gd models? Fair enough, I can get my brother (sound engineer) to solder, but there are no instructions on the site.

Both the tcxo will look similar to the existing 2 already soldered on the es9018 and the usb32 pcbs.
Make sure to take note of the correct position with the white dot placement and the frequency written on the old oscillators.
Unscrew and take out both pcbs lightly by wiggling them.
Then just desolder the old, and solder in the new ones, making sure the frequency and positioning are in their correct location.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #283 of 438
@sayh. Thank you very much for that! I can only assume I've circled the TCXO's correctly **Edit: yeah pretty sure **

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #284 of 438
Hi Guys, i am new to the forum but have benefited a lot by reading your inputs. I bought a used Compass 2 from ebay with the sabre chip. I really liked the overall DAC section and its implementation. I had an old NFB 12 (adaptive USB) and i think the new implementation has come a long way. However i did some A/B testing with the analog line in, i was appalled at how bad it was. Direct output from headphone socket was better than thru the compass. I was little disappointed and wasnt sure if i had to change some settings/ filters. I was wondering if any of you have compared the analog line in section of Compass 2 and if you have similar experience. I thought this was one of the advantages of the compass as it gave an option of a analog line input 

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #285 of 438
"Direct output from headphone socket" - which socket ? Is it an already amplified signal ?

Do you have another standalone headphone amp ?

Can you rank::
NFB-12 dac + NFB-12 amp 
NFB-12 dac + Compass 2 amp
Compass 2 dac + Compass 2 amp
"Headphone socket" + Compass 2 amp
"Headphone socket" ?

And are you sure that your interconnects are decent ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back