Audio GD-C amps - how many variations, similarities, differences and recommendations etc....
Jun 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

charliex

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been looking at the modest priced Audio GD C series amps, but am quite confused as to the similarities and differences between the various incarnations of this amp.
So far I've come across at least 4 variations from Kingwa as listed below:
Audio GD-C-2
Audio GD-C-2.1
Audio GD-C-2C
Audio GD C-2.2
Are there more? Are they simply 'new and improved' of the same? What are their fundamental basic differences? Do they all output the same power?
Is there a preferred choice? Are there any one(s) to avoid? Please just help me to unravel this Audio GD-C puzzle - thanks in advance.

Bryan

Jun 2, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 3
I had a C2.2 last year. I sold it to try the NFB-10SE with the LCD2v2's (didnt try them on C2.2).
As far as i know the C2.2 is simply the newest and most improved version with the most power output of the family other than the C2-SA. 

The C2.2 was a great amp and i would not hesitate to buy one again.

However i got lucky and snagged a C2-SA From the classifieds here. The NFB-10SE is now sold and i am keeping the C2-SA forever, i love it that much.

I really lucked out as this amp just has gobs of power for low impedance cans and could probably run even the Hifiman HE-6. it is not listed on the site, anymore, not even in discontinued, but here is the page found via google.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/C-2SA/C2SAEN.htm

this amp is different as it is a diamond differential amp. it puts out 6W of power into my lcd2's!
the synergy is great with them. This amp was designed specifically with planars in mind.

kingwa's description is below;

[size=10pt]The C-2SA applies diamond differential amp. It has its particular musical sound flavors which can't be found in any other amp design. Its sound a bit of softness, warm and relaxed, allows users to pleasantly listening for a long time. Its sound is on the musical side but the detail and dynamics are still reproduced.[/size]

[size=x-small]25 ohm: 6000MW
50ohm: 6000MW
100 ohm: 3000MW
300 ohm: 1000MW
[/size]

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 3
As far as Audio GD goes, I only can say that the Phoenix amp(balanced) has transformed my HD600/650 into different headphones in a positive way.It opened up a potential I never thought possible with these cans.
My next step will be to get some LCD2s and see how this will go....!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back