Audio-GD amps?
Dec 18, 2020 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sidpost

Head-Fier
I have been looking mainly at the Schiit amp and dac solutions which are around $400 plus shipping for an Asgard and Modius. In my other thread, the Audio-GD brand from China was mentioned.

I have mixed emotions about sending my hard-earned money to China but, this group seems to be a small shop of enthusiasts and I can appreciate helping their little business.

How do the Audio-GD amp/dac systems compare to similar setups in the low $400 range? I will be driving ~40ohm single-ended headphones for the time being if that makes a big difference. Or, if both of these brand options are not your preferred solution, what is in the same price class that is equivalent or better for classical, country, pop, light rock, etc. music styles? I'm not into Rap or Hip-Hop and similar styles FWIW.

TIA,
Sid

Dec 19, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks! I was trying to be a bit more specific with questions as I'm not trying to decide between a portable headphone amp or some other generic similar question. I know the general differences between tube amps and single-ended and balanced outputs but I still have some learning to do so, my question is really pretty specific.

Before I buy Schiit, I want to understand the Audio-GD options a bit better. Searching the forums didn't turn up any recent posts, at least that I found. Hence my post here where I thought I was most likely to find Audio-GD owners who may or may not have experience with Schiit and similar amps with various headphone options. Looking into the Asgard and THX 789, I was referenced to the Audio-GD options but, being a Chinese brand doesn't seem to have a lot of traction around here.

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #4 of 5
Well, have an AudioGD ROC since 2009. Paired well with any headphones i have tried. Not using It anymore cause i have a Raal now. Maybe someone can help you more

Dec 29, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 5
Audio-gd gear presents bang for the buck at the higher pricepoints.

You can try one of their compact NFB15, R2R11 or whatever units and pair it with a Monoprice Liquid Spark, but stepping up to their bulkier amp/DAC units like the R1, NFB10, etc., is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back