Audio equipment or Music collections?
Apr 6, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #16 of 35
Probably more of gear, as of late. Over a lifetime, though, I'm not sure.

I'm just about done with the gear, however. There's one or two more headphones I want and I'll finish the DIY projects. After that, 100% will go towards buying more music.

Apr 6, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably more of gear, as of late. Over a lifetime, though, I'm not sure.

I'm just about done with the gear, however. There's one or two more headphones I want and I'll finish the DIY projects. After that, 100% will go towards buying more music.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Seems Unle Erik and I are pretty much in the same place at present. Once the gear's settled (shortly) it'll be all music (not that there isn't a lifetime of that already here
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #18 of 35
I like to take turns when I'm investing in music vs. gear. So one month might be mostly gear, the next month only music. Except I usually purchase things in chunks, and chunks of gear are much more expensive than chunks of music. So as of now, I have more invested in gear (but actually not by a huge margin).

Apr 6, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #19 of 35
Easily 6-7 times more on music. That's not including the several thousand (free!!) records I'll be picking up from my parents in a couple months.

Apr 7, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #21 of 35
I'd say roughly 60-40 in favour of equipment, although i can more easily work out what i've spend on gear since there's less purchases to consider.

Apr 7, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #22 of 35
Voted: Audio electronics,cables,headphones,etc. (gear)

Although, I'd actually need to do inventory, but I'd say it is nearly almost balanced between the two, actually... Counting out my home stereo , and the 5.1 of course, the trucks, oh yeah that portable; On third thought, I voted rightly
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #24 of 35
Equipments originally, I needed to build up a good system to improve all the music listening experience. Since I had the system I wanted, I stopped buying new gears on a constant basis a while ago and concerntrate on music purchase now, but most of the music I listen to are obscure and somehow they are expensive oversea and usually rare, so they are generally pricier to me than the usual $10/disc, which I dread.

Apr 12, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, this is a cliche, but I prefer 100 great albums over 1000 average albums.

NO!

Apr 12, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #28 of 35
Music collection by far.

Apr 12, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #29 of 35
Working hard on letting my gear costs overtake my music costs.
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #30 of 35
Until I found this site, it was a resounding "music." But now I would say I have spend 2X the amount on equipment. In the future I think things will even out when I have more cash to burn on music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back