Audio Engine A5+
Dec 28, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #46 of 50
Well, that means that sub was designed to integrate with whatever speakers came with it, either with a natural roll off to match the speakers that came with it, or it's own built in low pass filter.

I have no idea how to build low pass filters.

Ya thats what I figured. Google time :). Will post if i figure it out. 

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #47 of 50
Actually, found the specs, the crossover frequency on the sub is 120Hz. The specs the a5+ is 50Hz-22kHz ±1.5dB so they are interfering? And I need a filter?

Dec 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #48 of 50

I cannot compare AKG Q701 or Philips Fidelio X2, but these have blown my DT 880's and Shure 845's out of the water. I have had a few other speaker systems and holy wow, a5+'s win hands down. 

i dont understand all the message ( sorry )

but u are saying that A5+ have a much better soundstage than your Beyerdynamics DT880 ?
if yes, can i know how do you placed the speakers please ?

However the DT880 is not an open air headphone.

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #49 of 50
  i dont understand all the message ( sorry )

but u are saying that A5+ have a much better soundstage than your Beyerdynamics DT880 ?
if yes, can i know how do you placed the speakers please ?

However the DT880 is not an open air headphone.

It is an open air headphone. I have a 42" tv, the speakers are positioned 6 inches away and in front of the tv. I am sitting in a chair 7 feet away from the middle. Sounds great. It took a while to get it to sound good, had to move the speakers and chair around to make it work. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #50 of 50
DT880 is "semi-open
wink.gif

- OK the soundstage of A5+ is good, but the IMAGING ?  
- And...... if the position of speakers is not so accurate the sound space can change a lot ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back