Audio conversion of FLAC & ALAC files
Oct 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #79 of 88
Haha you'd have to hire like HBO or CBS to film it too. lol It looks like an unforgiving BEAST though! lol

Well they say the same stuff about everything. lol Several ppl have said the Sony Xperia Z3 phone I wanna get next week's headphone volume is too low, while others are saying it's just as loud as the iPhone's (sans amp too)! At the end of the day, reviews will only have so much meaning........ it's your own personal take on something that will actually determine its value. That's what I've learned anyway. 

RockStar2005

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #80 of 88

Alchemist, 

So what's your take on the whole "breaking in your headphones" thing? Do you think this is necessary? If so, how many hours do you break them in for normally?

I've read a couple expert reviews and they both seem to indicate that breaking in your headphones does help, but that the difference is minimal at best. 

Thanks, 

RockStar2005

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #82 of 88
  Alchemist, 
So what's your take on the whole "breaking in your headphones" thing? Do you think this is necessary? If so, how many hours do you break them in for normally?
I've read a couple expert reviews and they both seem to indicate that breaking in your headphones does help, but that the difference is minimal at best. 
Thanks, 
RockStar2005

Some people believe headphones do get better with break in, some think "break in" is all in the mind.

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #84 of 88
The thing about burn in is that it doesn't matter. At all. Guess why? All headphones that get used will inevitably be burned in at some point or another. Burn in is simply the claim that the headphones will start sounding noticeably better after x hours. Maybe they will, maybe they won't--if you actually use the headphones, you'll get to x hours either way. You can decide for yourself at that point. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #85 of 88
Ok. I'd just prefer to have that "better sound" sooner than later. lol

I decided to hook my Sennheiser HD 598s to my bedroom stereo and let it play for 10 hours straight. I figure that's burn-in or break-in enough! lol

Thanks, 

RockStar2005

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #86 of 88
I forgot the second half of why burn-in doesn't matter. Even if burn-in doesn't exist, you're not going to hurt your headphones by letting them play for hours on end. So do it, whatever, there is no downside. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #87 of 88
I haven't even seen scientific evidence that burn-in exists objectively, be it for headphones or any other audio component.

But as others have said, if you've already bought something and are going to use it anyway, just let things run their natural course. If it starts to sound better over time, just consider it a bonus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back