Audio clicking issue with Samsung s10+ and USB dac/amp
Oct 15, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #61 of 99
I've just experienced the same popping sound issue with my S10+ and ifi idsd micro bl label. Using ifi otg type c cable. At first I thought it's related to Tidal Master but no, popping sound exists when I try hifi songs as well. This issue hasn't been existed before, at least for me.

It's snapdragon version. Is there anyone who solved the issue or know any news from Samsung whether they release a firmware regarding the issue?

Can't believe this is happening with S10+ but not with other phones. Just unacceptable.
Report it to samsung

Oct 15, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #62 of 99
I've just experienced the same popping sound issue with my S10+ and ifi idsd micro bl label. Using ifi otg type c cable. At first I thought it's related to Tidal Master but no, popping sound exists when I try hifi songs as well. This issue hasn't been existed before, at least for me.

It's snapdragon version. Is there anyone who solved the issue or know any news from Samsung whether they release a firmware regarding the issue?

Can't believe this is happening with S10+ but not with other phones. Just unacceptable.

Report the issue to Samsung . When I did they asked me to provide logs via the following steps .

1. Dialpad--*#9900#--DEBUG LEVEL DISABLED/LOW—MID, device will restart;

2. Reproduce the issue;

3. If issue reproduced, Dialpad--*#9900#--“RUN DUMPSTATE/LOGCAT/MODEM LOG”--OK--waiting device to generate log file-- OK, log generating completed;

4. Dialpad--*#9900#--“COPY TO SDCARD(INCLUDE CP RAMDUMP);

5. Apps—My files—Device storage, you can find a “log” folder;

6. ZIP the “log’ folder, and send it to us via Google drive link;

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #63 of 99
Report the issue to Samsung . When I did they asked me to provide logs via the following steps .

1. Dialpad--*#9900#--DEBUG LEVEL DISABLED/LOW—MID, device will restart;

2. Reproduce the issue;

3. If issue reproduced, Dialpad--*#9900#--“RUN DUMPSTATE/LOGCAT/MODEM LOG”--OK--waiting device to generate log file-- OK, log generating completed;

4. Dialpad--*#9900#--“COPY TO SDCARD(INCLUDE CP RAMDUMP);

5. Apps—My files—Device storage, you can find a “log” folder;

6. ZIP the “log’ folder, and send it to us via Google drive link;
I've applied first step function and after automatic restart, there is no popping sound anymore. At least for now. Thank you very much!

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #65 of 99
Problem solved 2 updates ago.
Samsung have released a fixed on 21st September 2019 (Singapore), G973FXXU3ASH3 to address the issue with a new feature in the Audio Setting . Toggling between [Bit and bandwidth upscaling] and [Bit upscaling] may help to reduce audio noise issue. If these option is not adjusted manually, the audio noise will only happen at beginning of music, then automatic reduced at subsequent playback.

Set to [Bit and bandwidth upscaling] to mitigate the issue and see if this helps

WLVFahyztpL1Iig5VucikfSW8X_rYWL_mNCDI7ChbuSl3B13boEfowwB6DjkqPZmGh6gnpiREdX74DgC6PCbrau1gJ5k1SK8GWNEm_vcr9-Sr2ErY5rx0KFUh73iGV5l7Z5SVnSsMV-LA_RQp0jkvQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #66 of 99
Mark,
Black, Red and Cobalt all basically have the same code in them. They differ in dac chip and associated passive components.

Support at AudioQuest said that the Extreme Audio driver fixed all the problem users were having with the S10 series. To me that would indicate some kind of USB protocol error. In general though that would result in pops and clicks from a failed asynchronous implementation. I really would not consider that phasing though, so I am at loss as to the problem.

Thanks,
Gordon
did you mean xtreamemusic app. its the only thing i found on play store. it didnt fix the issue though for my note 10+

Dec 4, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #67 of 99
Hi all, this has been a helpful chat. Facing the same problem here w the S10+ and my car audio DSP amp (helix p six DSP MK2).

Updated to the latest firmware (see below). Some improvement on the 'bit and bandwidth upscaling' option w Dolby Atmos (music) turned on. Any other option will produce crackling noise every other second.

Any leads so far from u folks? I'm following up w a snr tech here in singapore. Will update if there's any progress

upload pic site

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #72 of 99
I read in another thread that an update had fixed this, so I ordered a Chord Mojo for my S10. Then I found this thread...

I'm still on Android 9 though, I've been ignoring the un-clearable update notification for a while now because I want Task Changer to be updated to Android 10 before I update the phone.

So... Any news regarding this? Issue still there on Android 10? Should I just return the Chord Mojo when I get it? I'm feeling pretty hopeless right now...

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #73 of 99
Yeap, no luck on android 9. Went down to the service centre. Tested w the galaxy 10e, note 10 and g fold. All seemed to perform better than the 10+ (couldn't reproduce the clicking sound..) their reference 10+ had the same issue.

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #75 of 99
Once again, the problem seems to have been fixed. S10, Android 10, latest update about 10 days ago.

Since I last posted I received my Chord Mojo, and now I just updated to Android 10 after seeing your comment, and holy crap, it does seem like it! Based on a few short tests, I'm not getting any popping/crackling noises with my Mojo connected to my S10. I'm so relieved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back