Audio clicking issue with Samsung s10+ and USB dac/amp
May 30, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #31 of 99
I have the same issue with my samsung s10+. I use ifi micro bl. Every 5 to 8 minutes it starts popping for about 20 seconds.

What i have seen is that if i pause the audio for 3-4 seconds when the popping starts, it goes away and i don't need to wait 20 seconds. But of course after 5 to 8 minutes it's back again, so this doesn't sort it.

I tried different cables, headphones, otg adapters...

Needs to be noted that i have no issues with the ifi on iphone x, 7 or ipad. So clearly something's not ok with the s10+.

Really hope they fix this with the next update...

@iFi audio just out of interest has anyone raised this with you guys? Are you aware of the samsung bugs?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #33 of 99
I just got the May software update and the popping is still there. I like the s10+ but if they can't fix this issue this will probably be my first and las samsung device.

Contact Samsung, and submit the logs they requested from me further back in the thread. Sitting around waiting and hoping isn't the way to go about it.

Good luck

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #34 of 99
I just got the May software update and the popping is still there. I like the s10+ but if they can't fix this issue this will probably be my first and las samsung device.

I also got the May update and the problem persists. As I mentioned earlier, a good solution is to use the USB Audio Player Pro. It's a great player anyway, but additionally it solves the problem on my S10.

Jun 24, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #38 of 99
hmm. i just tried Poweamp. it looks like it can only play Audio too,

It definitely can play videos, well it does on android., not sure about ios but I'm sure it would.

It supports all types of video formats and audio formats. Poweramp Video player can play 4k videos and all ultra high definitionvideo (HD video) files too. Mp3 and musicplayer for Android ( audio player) can playyour favorite audio songs.

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #39 of 99
It definitely can play videos, well it does on android., not sure about ios but I'm sure it would.

It supports all types of video formats and audio formats. Poweramp Video player can play 4k videos and all ultra high definitionvideo (HD video) files too. Mp3 and musicplayer for Android ( audio player) can playyour favorite audio songs.

hmm, is this the same Poweramp you are referring to? https://powerampapp.com/

I can't find a Poweramp Video player in Google Play, but there's one in a 3rd party website: https://apkpure.com/poweramp-video-player/com.powerampv.hdvideoplayer

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #40 of 99
The June update (ASF3) did not fix the problem, but altered it. Previously, the AMP was working fine but I had that audio clicking every 5 seconds. Now, the audio output is terrible and the clicking sound is subtle. I think Samsung did change something, but they did not fix the problem.

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #41 of 99
Problem still exist

Sep 18, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #44 of 99
This is still ongoing, for me it is a phasing distortion every 40 seconds. I am using a Cyrus sound key but have confirmed this with a Dragonfly Red also, and other Soundkeys. It seemed OK with a Dragonfly Cobalt and a Chord Mojo. I went to the EE Samsung repair center and proved that all S10s have this issue, and S8s and S9s do not. Reached out to Samsung support (in the UK) and they finally sent me to go through the Samsung Members app. As this affects audio playback with Netflix, Prime etc, USB Audio Pro is not an answer for me and now Amazon Music has flac support, I need it fixed by Samsung. Very poor show from Samsung as it was great when the phone launched but broke in an early update.

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #45 of 99
This is still ongoing, for me it is a phasing distortion every 40 seconds. I am using a Cyrus sound key but have confirmed this with a Dragonfly Red also, and other Soundkeys. It seemed OK with a Dragonfly Cobalt and a Chord Mojo. I went to the EE Samsung repair center and proved that all S10s have this issue, and S8s and S9s do not. Reached out to Samsung support (in the UK) and they finally sent me to go through the Samsung Members app. As this affects audio playback with Netflix, Prime etc, USB Audio Pro is not an answer for me and now Amazon Music has flac support, I need it fixed by Samsung. Very poor show from Samsung as it was great when the phone launched but broke in an early update.

I find it a little weird that Cobalt would work and not Red. While the DAC chip and supporting circuitry are different, the code base is almost identical.

Can you email me at: gordon@audioquest.com

~~~
Some questions to consider are:

Does the distortion time frame change with sampling rate? i.e. is your 40 seconds at 44.1, then what is the distortion at say 96Khz sampling rate?
Does the distortion time frame change with product? i.e. same track on the Cyrus as compared to DragonFly Red?

Thanks,
Gordon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back