Audio clicking issue with Samsung s10+ and USB dac/amp
Apr 23, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #18 of 99
Hi to all,
I intend to buy the Galaxy S10 topair it with the new Creative Super X-Fi AMP, is there anyone to confirm that it works on S10 after the last update? Thanks!

The latest update fixed my issues with all of my dac/amp combos however there are some people still with issues . Since the phones are readily available , why not take your creative device into a retail store and ask if you can try it on a s10?

Apr 23, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #19 of 99
The latest update fixed my issues with all of my dac/amp combos however there are some people still with issues . Since the phones are readily available , why not take your creative device into a retail store and ask if you can try it on a s10?

Probably the exhibition models won't have been updated and I'm not sure they'll let me install and setup an app. Not that easy, but I'll give it a try.

May 18, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #21 of 99
Currently experiencing this with my S10+ with the FIIO K3. It's either I get the same clicking sound or the phone restarts. So unfortunate since the K3 works great with my Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Surface Pro. Hope Samsung releases an update for this.

May 18, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #22 of 99
Currently experiencing this with my S10+ with the FIIO K3. It's either I get the same clicking sound or the phone restarts. So unfortunate since the K3 works great with my Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Surface Pro. Hope Samsung releases an update for this.

Have you reported it to Samsung and given them any log files ? The latest patch fixed mine

May 18, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #24 of 99
The April update I got (S10 exynos version) has not solved the problem for me.
I have contacted Creative and i got the following answer

We have conducted a thorough investigation, and we have confirmed that the issue is due to a bug in the firmware on the Samsung S10 and S10+ phones. We have also confirmed that this bug does not exist on the Samsung S9, and S8 phones.

Here are some technical details regarding the nature of the bug in the Samsung S10 and S10+phones.

USB class audio devices such as the SXFI AMP needs to perform synchronization with the phone from time to time. The best synchronization mechanism as defined in this standard is called "Asynchronous USB". This is the technique used by the SXFI AMP and other good quality USB DACs in the market. Unfortunately, it looks like the Samsung S10 and S10+ did not implement the host side of this technique properly, unlike their older devices.

If you are interested, you can watch a video describing the advantageous of "Asynchronous USB" here:

We have also confirmed that the Samsung S10 and S10+ have the same problems when connected to other good USB DACs like the Oppo HA2SE DAC, as well as other good DACs using "Asynchronous USB".

We expect that Samsung S10 and S10+ will fix this in a future firmware update.

In the meantime, we're studying how we may be able to workaround this insidious bug that they have. This might not be easy, but we're studying this nonetheless.

Hope the above information helps.

I copied the above mention to Samsung as well and I they told me that they will look into this. Let's hope the next update will fix this.

May 19, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #25 of 99
How often does the crackling happen for you? I got some minor distortion when trying the fiio k3 at a local store at the start. Thereafter no issues at all. Using the ATH-M50 on the ASD firmware

May 19, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #27 of 99
It happens every 5 to 8 seconds and it's very annoying. The same does not happen when I plug in X-Fi to my Xiaomi Mi Pad 4.
Ok so I got my hands on a Super X-Fi amp. No issues with the default 1.16 firmware, but when flashed to the latest, 1.44 (I think?), I get the distortion/ phasing noise.

The funny thing is that it goes away when i use the USB Audio Player PRO app. Have you tried that?

May 19, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #29 of 99
Ok so I got my hands on a Super X-Fi amp. No issues with the default 1.16 firmware, but when flashed to the latest, 1.44 (I think?), I get the distortion/ phasing noise.

The funny thing is that it goes away when i use the USB Audio Player PRO app. Have you tried that?

Davy's USB Audio Player Pro is more than an app it is also a device driver which will help with the async feedback problem you are experiencing. It will also sound better if the DAC has hardware volume control because android OS uses a software volume control which of course is not bit true and suffers from poor output.
Thanks,
Gordon

May 20, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #30 of 99
Incredible! X-Fi works perfectly with Audio Player pro! Can't thank you enough!
Samsung is a giant company and I guess it can happen to do such an mistake, they have too many things to take care of. I really hope they will fix it in a future update.
But how is it possible for Creative to launch such a device and not be able to solve a problem that a much smaller company was able to solve? Was it so hard for them to integrate a similar workaround in their player? Unacceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back