audio asylums been hacked
Oct 26, 2003 at 10:54 AM Post #17 of 24
Eh... if I was a webmaster (and it was just a minor hack/page defacement and not a trashing of the entire site) I'd look at it as an opportunity to tighten my security rather than necessarily a bad thing... obviously not all webmasters and sysadmins will see things this way, but however the hacker got in, that's one hole that's now closed.

Nov 17, 2003 at 9:17 PM Post #18 of 24
They got hacked again ...
frown.gif

Nov 17, 2003 at 9:23 PM Post #19 of 24
Nov 17, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Tom M
If you try to typing directly into a forum it leaves a little annoying message. Try typing audioasyum.com/cables or /speakers or /whatever and the little nerd leaves a message for ya just to piss you off.
frown.gif

If you mean that "Chaos reigns " stuff, they have always had it when you requested a page that doesn't exist, that wasn't added by the hacker.

Nov 17, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #21 of 24
Crazy.

Besides contemplating chaning platforms, they should switch to some other forum software. That one on there is archaic like something from Mosaic browser days.

Nov 17, 2003 at 10:25 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
That one on there is archaic like something from Mosaic browser days.

I agree, it's one of the main reasons I don't go to their site.

Nov 18, 2003 at 7:18 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
I agree, it's one of the main reasons I don't go to their site.

Right, you've got to be prepared to really work
that back button.
mad.gif

Nov 18, 2003 at 7:45 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
Right, you've got to be prepared to really work
that back button.
mad.gif

I use Navigator, so all I do is middle click on each of the links under a topic and open them in a new tabbed window. I break it down into chunks so I don't have to worry about being overwhelmed and can keep my place up top. It still isn't a lot of fun though, especially since there is so much flaming that goes on there and the moderators are the worst of the bunch, frequently using their moderator status to act like jerks.
eek.gif

Audiogon has nicer navigation and doesn't have the flames, but at the same time it is impersonal and the discussion is stifled by the censorship. I have had several messages censored over there because I posted negative comments about other web sites that are on their buddy list or were advertisers so they wouldn't let them be posted. After enjoying it for a long time, the two faced approach just wore on my nerves.
eek.gif

And this place is JUST RIGHT... Honest open discussion even if the chips fall somewhere that isn't convenient, forum software that I like and a much friendlier clientele. Here's it's much more a community than the other sites!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back