audio asylums been hacked
Oct 26, 2003 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Tom M

500+ Head-Fier
I thought I would let the people at head-fi know. I just went to their message forum and it appears to be down do to a hacker. I managed to get to their chat room and tell them. They went to the forums and agreed it's a hacker. Why would they want to hack an audio site? Anyway hopfully the people who run this site see my post and got the heads up about this.

Oct 26, 2003 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 24
Damn script kiddies
mad.gif

Oct 26, 2003 at 1:30 AM Post #3 of 24
they do anything hackerish or just crash the site?

Oct 26, 2003 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 24
http://www.audioasylum.com/index.html

(probably will be fixed by the time you read this)

Looks like a defacement... the rest of the site seems to be working OK so probably nothing else, or they caught it in time.

As far as "why"... hackers are usually looking for a challenge (breaking into systems mostly) regardless of site content.

Oct 26, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 24
ugh.
frown.gif

now i'm fearing the day i sign on to head-fi and see an all black page telling me "ownz by merton".

:shudders:

Oct 26, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
they do anything hackerish or just crash the site?

Hackerish ? LOL ! [size=xx-small]Yes, unfortunately I think they did...[/size]

frown.gif

Oct 26, 2003 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 24
If you try to typing directly into a forum it leaves a little annoying message. Try typing audioasyum.com/cables or /speakers or /whatever and the little nerd leaves a message for ya just to piss you off.
frown.gif

Oct 26, 2003 at 1:54 AM Post #9 of 24
Yeah? Well... at least you'll know it's not the Merton who used to be here!

Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
ugh.
frown.gif

now i'm fearing the day i sign on to head-fi and see an all black page telling me "ownz by merton".

:shudders:

Oct 26, 2003 at 1:58 AM Post #10 of 24
Why would somebody touch an asylum. That's deranged in itself
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
I should nuke those morons, but I'm too lazy to do it
frown.gif

The nuke's been hax0r3d.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2003 at 2:19 AM Post #13 of 24
There's really no need for this.... I remember the early days of the web when everybody was a hacker of sorts and there were people all over the world working on individual projects. Those were great days and people were proud to be involved this pioneering work.

Unfortunately, the idiots who call themselves hackers these days are usually still at school or have just left and have never put anything back into the web so they disrespect it
frown.gif

Sadly, this is a sign of the times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back