Audinst-HUD-MX2 DAC/Amp
Mar 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #61 of 306
hey guys ,i've bit the bullet on the mx2 as well. i made the payment on friday (8th) to ebay. Got the receipt and stuffs but i did not get the tracking number until today ...*weep*

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #62 of 306
Can anyone compare, like real quick before the discount offer expires tomorrow, how it acts as a USB transport? :)

Edit: Shhhhoot, I just realized it's already expired in S.Korea by now. Yet ebay sale still valid ATM.

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #63 of 306
Quote:
Can anyone compare, like real quick before the discount offer expires tomorrow, how it acts as a USB transport? :)

Edit: Shhhhoot, I just realized it's already expired in S.Korea by now. Yet ebay sale still valid ATM.

It's fine, nothing to challenge Audiophilleo but it works well enough. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #64 of 306
Quote:
hey guys ,i've bit the bullet on the mx2 as well. i made the payment on friday (8th) to ebay. Got the receipt and stuffs but i did not get the tracking number until today ...*weep*

It's Sunday in South Korea. It likely wont go out until tomorrow. 

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #65 of 306
Quote:
It's Sunday in South Korea. It likely wont go out until tomorrow. 

i thought tat way as well.Hopefully my unit will be sent out tomorrow*fingercrossed*..and hey, i can't found the internal pic of this dac, some chinese website says it has 2 dac chip in it but the official site did nt state tat.Maybe you can help clarify it.

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #66 of 306
Quote:
i thought tat way as well.Hopefully my unit will be sent out tomorrow*fingercrossed*..and hey, i can't found the internal pic of this dac, some chinese website says it has 2 dac chip in it but the official site did nt state tat.Maybe you can help clarify it.

AFIK I uses a TI DAC 

It has a seprate chip for the optical stuff. 

I hope mine goes out tomorrow as well.

To people that own one. Do you get better quality with the AC plug?

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #67 of 306
Another question.

Do you think the AMP in this has enough power to kill 32 Ohm headphones or no? 

I guess it's only possible if you try? 

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #69 of 306
Hard to compare it seems, since you can't use the MX2 as an amp-only, there's simply no line-in.

Quote:
If I wanted this mainly for the amp, would you recommend it? Or is it mainly a dac, where the amp an afterthought? How would it compare to say, the schiit magni?

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #70 of 306
Quote:
Another question.

Do you think the AMP in this has enough power to kill 32 Ohm headphones or no? 

I guess it's only possible if you try? 

no. you'd have to end up trying hard. like turning the volume amp knob 100%, and your OS sound at 100% along your player at 100% too. even then it might not kill it but a very good chance you could damage your low impedance headphone drivers if you tried the following.
Quote:
If I wanted this mainly for the amp, would you recommend it? Or is it mainly a dac, where the amp an afterthought? How would it compare to say, the schiit magni?

people will be using this as an amp mostly. if people wanted to use this product as a DAC most of the time, then they should have opted for a dedicated DAC like the ODAC around this price range. i can't comment on how it would sound compared to the schiit magni as i don't own one.

i myself ordered one of these on late night friday (was around 3:37PM saturday in south korea). should be getting mine march 14-20.

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #71 of 306
Quote:
     no. you'd have to end up trying hard. like turning the volume amp knob 100%, and your OS sound at 100% along your player at 100% too. even then it might not kill it but a very good chance you could damage your low impedance headphone drivers if you tried the following.
     people will be using this as an amp mostly. if people wanted to use this product as a DAC most of the time, then they should have opted for a dedicated DAC like the ODAC around this price range. i can't comment on how it would sound compared to the schiit magni as i don't own one.

i myself ordered one of these on late night friday (was around 3:37PM saturday in south korea). should be getting mine march 14-20.

ur unit hasn't been sent out yet as well?

Mar 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #73 of 306
MX2 has a S/PDIF optical input (MX1 doesn't), which, technically, can make it work only as an amp. DAC works with USB input only.

Saying that, I still think MX2 is more on the USB DAC side. It would be a good choice if you just need a simple, budget, easy-to-carry integrated DAC+AMP device. 

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #75 of 306
Quote:

Sorry but I cannot agree with this. USB DAC + integrated AMP is what this device is defined. If you look at it's predecessor, HUD-MX1, it simply can not work as a standalone AMP.

I agree with you here. There is no way to use it as a standalone AMP. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back