Audigy2 review
Oct 15, 2002 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dr.orange

New Head-Fier
Review of the Audigy2 spotted at digit-life. It seems that the sound quality is a lot better than the Audigy (1). Unfortunately the author doesn't compare it to similar cards such as the Terratec's 6fire or their soon to be released Aureon line.

Oct 15, 2002 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 7
/andrzejpw remembers his old SB Live, starts screaming in pain, make the bad man stop! Go away drivers! Go away! Horrible scream, then silence.

Seriously though, if creative puts out a decent pair of drivers. . .

Oct 16, 2002 at 8:12 AM Post #3 of 7
Looks interesting... The limitations on DVD-A kind of tick me off though.

Oct 16, 2002 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 7
How can Creative lay claim to having the most compatible soundcards if they can't put out workable drivers?
confused.gif

But man, I'm even worse... been sticking with onboard sound for my last two computers... I can't find anything other than Creative here
frown.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 17, 2002 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 7
I was (am) quite happy with regular Audigy (platinum). I found it was a large step above older SB Live! and the sound quality was excellent. The headphone out is atrocious however and useless - either speakers or external headamp out of line out have to be used.

Drivers, now that's a different issue
smily_headphones1.gif
. Only two things can crash my Windows2000 - a badly behaving video game (video driver) or more often, if I happen to use volume up/down/mute keys on my M$ Natural KB and Audigy is doing something particular. Usually happens if trying to change volume while an application that is going to use sound is starting up.

Oct 23, 2002 at 5:10 AM Post #7 of 7
I have yet to check out the Audigy2 but my Audigy Platinum is an awesome sound card for the money. Its got great features, excellent sound, but i do agree with AOS on the headphone out. It simply sucks. Ive bypassed that and ran an optical monster cable from my PC to my Harman Kardon AVR320 receiver where i have my headphones plugged into. When my amp arrives, ill just run my receiver into the amp. For some reason, i dont get any interference or noise when listening to music through my sound card. When the music stops, i hear zero hiss even at full blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back