Audeze SINE Series
Aug 26, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #2,401 of 4,790
I kind of found a sweet spot with Sine original pads and having them on for a few hours is fine now, took me a while thou...
Could be better in terms of comfort to get thicker pads but it will decrease attack and snappiness of the sound, Sine will have less bite...
Planars very sensitive to ear position towards drivers and moving them further away could create some troubles in paradise.

So for now I'm going to enjoy Sine as they are, with stock pads.

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #2,402 of 4,790
Hi,
I'm evaluating a tube amp to buy for my Sine.
I would prefer a DIY kit, but lacking of a good choice, I would consider an already built tube amp.

Considering the low impendece of Audeze Sine (20 ohms) any suggestion, up to about 500 $ of budget?

The strong requisite is to well pair with 20 ohms headphones, and for tube amp this is very relevant.

For now, I'm evaluating:
  1. Elekit TU-882R, DIY, (http://www.vkmusic.ca/TU-882R.htm) Should be good with low impedence headphones, but due to the fact I live in Italy and actually the only way is to buy from Canada, this amp go to the limit of my budget, and I'm not sure I cannot spend better my money.
  2. Cavalli Audio Bijou, DIY, (http://www.cavalliaudio.com/pages/bijou) Good, but not for low impedence headphones.
  3. Some Schiit tube amp, but I'm not sure wich would be the best for Sine

Thank you in advance.

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #2,403 of 4,790
I kind of found a sweet spot with Sine original pads and having them on for a few hours is fine now, took me a while thou...
Could be better in terms of comfort to get thicker pads but it will decrease attack and snappiness of the sound, Sine will have less bite...
Planars very sensitive to ear position towards drivers and moving them further away could create some troubles in paradise.

Sine has never been uncomfortable for me with the stock pads, i can wear them all day, I really think the comfort issue is overblown.

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #2,404 of 4,790
Sine has never been uncomfortable for me with the stock pads, i can wear them all day, I really think the comfort issue is overblown.

I'm wearing glasses and so every single on-ear phone I've tried has been uncomfortable after a while. The Sine is no exception here, but far better than most of the other on-ears out there.

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #2,406 of 4,790

It's interesting, actually - with the original pads I didn't find the Sine to be super sensitive to ear position. Same since I added the adapters and MSR7 pads - they can move around without any problems.
Also same thing with my HE-500 & T50RPmk3- you can move them around without much difference.

But I recently reviewed the EL-8 Titanium, and found that it's exremely senstiive to position on the ear. ANY change has a significant and jarring effect. Really problematic.

Aug 26, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #2,407 of 4,790
I've found that the Sines need to be very tight on your head for them to stay put when walking around, meaning the headband adjustment. If they are loose, moving my head around, chewing gum etc. gives me volume hikes and drops - planar magnetic flux in action, maybe? A slight pull upwards on the cups makes them sit much nicer on my head. They are more comfy too when they stay put.

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #2,408 of 4,790

It's interesting, actually - with the original pads I didn't find the Sine to be super sensitive to ear position. Same since I added the adapters and MSR7 pads - they can move around without any problems.
Also same thing with my HE-500 & T50RPmk3- you can move them around without much difference.

But I recently reviewed the EL-8 Titanium, and found that it's exremely senstiive to position on the ear. ANY change has a significant and jarring effect. Really problematic.

The Titaniums are such a disappointment in this regard....I really think they should recall them...It's kinds insane that you move your head just a little and the sound will change or putting pressure on the earcups :frowning2:

Aug 26, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #2,409 of 4,790

Yes, but it returns to normal almost immediately, yes? Most Audeze headphones do this. Even the Sine - push the cups towards your ear while you listen.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #2,410 of 4,790
  Yes, but it returns to normal almost immediately, yes? Most Audeze headphones do this. Even the Sine - push the cups towards your ear while you listen.

The problem is that it's not clear what "normal" is. If I push the headphones in slightly, or pull them out slightly, or tilt my head, or open my mouth, the sound changes. With that level of sensitivity, how do I know whether I'm hearing what Audeze intended? It was more extreme than I've ever experienced before.

The Titaniums are such a disappointment in this regard....I really think they should recall them...It's kinds insane that you move your head just a little and the sound will change or putting pressure on the earcups :frowning2:

Well to be fair, I have had many headphones whose sound changes if you push in the drivers (dynamic drivers, anyway). Probelem with these is that the sound changed if i tilted my head, even if i opened my mouth. I mean, just too sensitive.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #2,411 of 4,790

The problem is that it's not clear what "normal" is. If I push the headphones in slightly, or pull them out slightly, or tilt my head, or open my mouth, the sound changes. With that level of sensitivity, how do I know whether I'm hearing what Audeze intended? It was more extreme than I've ever experienced before.

Well to be fair, I have had many headphones whose sound changes if you push in the drivers (dynamic drivers, anyway). Probelem with these is that the sound changed if i tilted my head, even if i opened my mouth. I mean, just too sensitive.

It's funny you say that....I noticed when I opened my mouth the sound would change too.....What's even more weird is that the EL-open don't do this

Aug 27, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #2,414 of 4,790
Got my adapter set, including the 2mm and 4mm inserts, from inertianinja on Thursday. Luckily ordered the MSR7 pads on time and received both the same day.

I went straight to using it with the 2mm insert as so many people commented on their ears touching the drivers with just the MSR7 pads. It worked great, much more comfortable, and the improved sound isolation let me hear more details than with stock pads. I'm not yet experienced enough to provide an in-depth, nuanced review as many of you can, but overall soundstage was improved, there was better clarity, and improved bass with an ever so slight decrease in treble, probably like a 2% decrease.

But I just switched to using the MSR7 pads with no insert, all the improvements remained with no loss in treble. And no discomfort whatsoever, my ears don't touch the driver, though I can't comment if that'll be a universal fit. In any case the adapters included can fix that, and as inertianinja commented, they also work as a customization kit.

I highly recommend getting it. Plus you can use other pads too if the MSR7 ones don't suit your tastes.

Aug 27, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #2,415 of 4,790
Got my adapter set, including the 2mm and 4mm inserts, from inertianinja on Thursday. Luckily ordered the MSR7 pads on time and received both the same day.

I went straight to using it with the 2mm insert as so many people commented on their ears touching the drivers with just the MSR7 pads. It worked great, much more comfortable, and the improved sound isolation let me hear more details than with stock pads. I'm not yet experienced enough to provide an in-depth, nuanced review as many of you can, but overall soundstage was improved, there was better clarity, and improved bass with an ever so slight decrease in treble, probably like a 2% decrease.

But I just switched to using the MSR7 pads with no insert, all the improvements remained with no loss in treble. And no discomfort whatsoever, my ears don't touch the driver, though I can't comment if that'll be a universal fit. In any case the adapters included can fix that, and as inertianinja commented, they also work as a customization kit.

I highly recommend getting it. Plus you can use other pads too if the MSR7 ones don't suit your tastes.

Looks great! I'm also getting the adapter kits and are now waiting for YAXI pads to arrive. Hopefully, they'll work nice together. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back