Audeze SINE Series
Jul 28, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,041 of 4,786
I agree. Before my pre-ordered Sine came, I listened to my friends Sine. My short impression is less than impressive, based on just my impression that time, I might not bother buying one. But once it's in my possession and have more time with it, I was blown away. Very clean and detailed, technically better than my TH-X00, although less fun. Now I'm a happy owner of Sine and it will be my travelling cans. Wish it could be more comfortable though, more than an hour and my ear start to hurt. :)

Hey!
How is compared to th-x00?
What do you think after these days?
I'm struggling between these2 and th-600 also
With Hugo

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #2,042 of 4,786
Hey!
How is compared to th-x00?
What do you think after these days?
I'm struggling between these2 and th-600 also
With Hugo

They served different purpose, though comparable in price. When I want to have a short listening session or when travelling, I'll take Sine. When I want to have long listening session at home or when working or when watching movie, I reached TH-X00.

Sine to me is a neutral, balanced headphone, that can play any music just right. It is very portable, I can take it anywhere, although comfort is still my main and only complain. I'll probably get the recommended HM5 pads one of these days.

TH-X00 is a fun sounding headphone, really nice bass response and a bit brighter (and energetic) than Sine. It is a bit bulky, but much more comfortable. Watching movie for instance, is better on TH-X00 due to nicer low-end rumble. It might be less superior in technicality than Sine, but when mood strikes for fun sound, TH-X00 is really great.

In the end, I think both compliment each other. To be honest, both are excellent, and IMO you should choose based on form-factor and convenience. Also Sine is a bit harder to drive than TH-X00, though any decent source can drive both just fine. :)

Jul 29, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #2,043 of 4,786
Just great. I pulled these headphones out of the bag and they seemed fine. I had them on a table for 2 days and when I looked at them today I noticed that one of the cups had detached from the frame. It looks like it is held on by a very thin piece of metal that just snapped. I really don't know what to say. It's pretty upsetting for a new $500 headphone to just break like that. I know I didn't abuse them and they were in a padded bag. I can't imagine the table did it either. They feel very sturdy but when I looked at the broken attachment I have to wonder about the choice of metal - seems very brittle to just break like that - and the size of the connection which is about 2-2.5mm to my eyes.

The Apple store has a 14 day return policy if they would even accept it in this condition. That's really poor considering it isn't even 30 days old yet.

I don't know what to do. Can't even use it for a trip tomorrow. Even if I get this fixed I don't know if it will happen again. Not sure if these should be used for traveling.

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #2,044 of 4,786
Just great. I pulled these headphones out of the bag and they seemed fine. I had them on a table for 2 days and when I looked at them today I noticed that one of the cups had detached from the frame. It looks like it is held on by a very thin piece of metal that just snapped. I really don't know what to say. It's pretty upsetting for a new $500 headphone to just break like that. I know I didn't abuse them and they were in a padded bag. I can't imagine the table did it either. They feel very sturdy but when I looked at the broken attachment I have to wonder about the choice of metal - seems very brittle to just break like that - and the size of the connection which is about 2-2.5mm to my eyes.

The Apple store has a 14 day return policy if they would even accept it in this condition. That's really poor considering it isn't even 30 days old yet.

I don't know what to do. Can't even use it for a trip tomorrow. Even if I get this fixed I don't know if it will happen again. Not sure if these should be used for traveling.

Can you share some photos of it?

Yesterday, I tried to stretch the Sine a bit. And I almost snap the support of one of the earcup backward, making it slightly bend, kinda frightening. Thanksfully, it seems made of metal and I can bend it back, seems to have no damage. Stretching the Sine need to be done very carefully, and don't bend it if the earcup is all the way out, since the metal support from earcup to headband will be very small and can snap if given too much pressure.

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #2,045 of 4,786

Mine have taken a ton of abuse when traveling, I really don't think durability is an issue.

Jul 29, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #2,046 of 4,786

There you go.

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #2,047 of 4,786

There you go.

Sorry this happened to you. Same thing happened to me a while back. A few things:

- In my experience the bag that comes with the SINEs does not really provide any protection other than from dust and scratches, it has no form or structure to keep any pressure being placed on the HP's.
- If you're going to be traveling or moving the SINEs around I feel you really need a hard case, such as the EL-8 travel case. I even keep my SINEs in the EL-8 case on my desk now when I'm not using them. I really think that Audeze should include a hard case with the SINEs rather than the soft bag, especially since they are touted for portable/travel use. 
- Personally with my situation Audeze was great at taking care of my issue when my SINEs broke. 

I'd suggest you: 1) reach out to Audeze CS directly, and 2) get a hard case. Hope this all works for you.

Cheers 

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #2,048 of 4,786
To those who would plan to buy sine headphone, pls do not, i repeat DO NOT BUY the one without the cypher cable.

The audio jack included (regular one) cant match the cypher cables performance even when paired with my AUNE M2s dap.

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #2,049 of 4,786
Has anyone used the Sine for phone calls?  I'm in a noisy open office and do at least 4-6 hours a day on teleconferences.  Could these headphones be used for this task?  Does the microphone on the cyber cable work well, or is it just good enough to make a few calls here and there?

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #2,050 of 4,786
To those who would plan to buy sine headphone, pls do not, i repeat DO NOT BUY the one without the cypher cable.

The audio jack included (regular one) cant match the cypher cables performance even when paired with my AUNE M2s dap.

Cipher cable is very good, especially given how portable it makes the SINEs. 

IME the Cipher is not as good as the standard 3.5mm cable into something like the Chord Mojo, but that's a $600 piece of gear that also still needs a transport, so it does take some $$$ to get better sound than the Cipher. 

Cheers 

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #2,051 of 4,786
  Has anyone used the Sine for phone calls?  I'm in a noisy open office and do at least 4-6 hours a day on teleconferences.  Could these headphones be used for this task?  Does the microphone on the cyber cable work well, or is it just good enough to make a few calls here and there?

Yes, The microphone is incredible in terms of clarity....The amp and dac really help push the clarity

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #2,052 of 4,786
  Yes, The microphone is incredible in terms of clarity....The amp and dac really help push the clarity

Great to know. Haven't used it for calls much. Cheers 

Jul 29, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #2,053 of 4,786
Jul 29, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #2,055 of 4,786

The jack is going to do nothing to effect sound quality. The Cypher magic is the well tuned DAC/amp with DSP. You could do well if the source you use has a solid DAC and amp and then simply do some EQ tweaks to dial in the sound. The Cypher is just super convenient and well tuned from what I read, but that doesn't mean the non-Cypher Sine should be avoided. How I read the situation is that regardless of your feelings about the AUNE M2, you prefer how the Cypher is tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back