Audeze SINE Series
Jul 16, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #1,891 of 4,790
  Haha yeah, I'm not a huge fan of growl, either. When it's used moderately, I find it tolerable. As long as there's melody, it doesn't bother me - and BTBAM have a great melodic sense as well.

Growl, yes, that is more accurate, it wasn't scream. Sometimes I like growl as well, but only when it is used sparingly not as a mainstay. Ill Nino was a band that used growl well as did Flaw. Sorry for the OT stuff folks.

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #1,892 of 4,790
So I personally do not care for on-ear headphones, but the Sine seems like it's not a typical on ear. I had the Oppo PM3 and I believe they are considered on-ear headphones, they did not feel like it. The type of on-ear that I don't care for are the pad on ear like dt1350 or so. Am I correct in thinking that the sine will be a simular fit to the oppo pm-3?

Thanks,
James

Jul 16, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #1,893 of 4,790
So I personally do not care for on-ear headphones, but the Sine seems like it's not a typical on ear. I had the Oppo PM3 and I believe they are considered on-ear headphones, they did not feel like it. The type of on-ear that I don't care for are the pad on ear like dt1350 or so. Am I correct in thinking that the sine will be a simular fit to the oppo pm-3?

Thanks,
James

I think they are in between, they are slightly larger than typical on-ears but they definitely rest on my ears as opposed to around for me.

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #1,894 of 4,790
PM3 has bigger pads... but sounds more polite, laid back...

Sine , sounds above its size... it has a punch of Over the ear headphone, and often when I'm listening to something like Infected mushroom i forget its on-ear , only size of soundstage reminds me that Sine is not Over the ear ...

Sine is in a league of its own and can't be compared to other on-ears, simply takes sound to a level that i wouldn't believe on-ear is capable of.

To get a comfortable fit you have to experiment a little ...

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #1,895 of 4,790
to Audeze owners , in your opinion , Sine sound character is closer to LCD-2 or LCD-3 ?

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #1,899 of 4,790
True...
Plug Sine to  Hegel HD20/ Naim Headline 2 with NAPSC power supply and your ears will be smiling :)

Sine scales a lot depending on the gear you use it with ... 
After hearing Sine from my home setup i found cipher cable sounding very primitive and "bassy" , of course comparing to standard cable , straight out of iphone6 /ipad air  i still prefer Cipher , it simply gives Sine enough juice to sing...

But who knew Sine would scale that much going from portable to home system, now i simply can't  get enough of Sine.

Hegel HD20 has great synergy with Sine , its magical...

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #1,900 of 4,790
  True...
Plug Sine to  Hegel HD20/ Naim Headline 2 with NAPSC power supply and your ears will be smiling :)

Sine scales a lot depending on the gear you use it with ... 
After hearing Sine from my home setup i found cipher cable sounding very primitive and "bassy" , of course comparing to standard cable , straight out of iphone6 /ipad air  i still prefer Cipher , it simply gives Sine enough juice to sing...

But who knew Sine would scale that much going from portable to home system, now i simply can't  get enough of Sine.

Hegel HD20 has great synergy with Sine , its magical...

Sometimes portable designs are very well done. My B&O H7 for instance really shines when I use my iDSD Micro.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #1,901 of 4,790
Thanks for the tips here i have switched my pads to a pair of brainwaves i had spare lying around after reading this thread. Due to the angled pads it doesnt fit 100% compared to the original sine ones but good enough snugly fitting my ears with the clamping force! Im enjoying sine again as my ears used to feel really painful after listening above 1 and half hour. A recommendation to Audeze to consider XL sized earpads for Sine? Just like vmoda did with theirs

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #1,902 of 4,790
Thanks for the tips here i have switched my pads to a pair of brainwaves i had spare lying around after reading this thread. Due to the angled pads it doesnt fit 100% compared to the original sine ones but good enough snugly fitting my ears with the clamping force! Im enjoying sine again as my ears used to feel really painful after listening above 1 and half hour. A recommendation to Audeze to consider XL sized earpads for Sine? Just like vmoda did with theirs

yeah i also want one pair if audeze ever made stock pads but with bigger size :D

me too also use brainwavz hm5 memory pads, but the upper mids sometimes unbearabe for me (with bad recording), the sibilance kinda pierce my ear a bit. so i snuck in some thin sheet of foam on top of the driver and its all better. how do you find the sonic changes after replaced it with brainwavz pads??

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #1,904 of 4,790

Users who are viewing this thread

Back