Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones
Mar 1, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #31 of 260
So sorry for what has happened.

I was thinking about the EL8 closed to compliment my LCD-3. Done. I will get a set as soon as they are release here.

Keep ya chin up Audeze. We love ya.

Mar 1, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #33 of 260
This is a real pain!  Hope Audeze get their money back and the thieves are brought to justice!

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #34 of 260
All my best to the Audeze team. They've been there to help me and I hope I can do the same for them. Will keep a close eye out for anything fishy online. 

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #36 of 260
Might be an inside job guys, if the supply of LCD's was peaked and all in one area, was that for shipment to dealers? The lowest life forms are thieves, I hope justice awaits these maggots. 

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #37 of 260
http://abc7.com/news/thieves-steal-$250000-worth-of-headphones-in-costa-mesa-/539286/

Story states that the stolen headphones ranged in price from "between $700 and close to $2000 apiece"... That $700 figure points to some of the as-yet unreleased EL-8s being among the models snatched...

Might have an impact on people who pre-ordered the EL-8...

I was also rather shocked to hear about this.
I would have never expected to head about a small manufacturer like Audeze to be robbed.
I do hope they can withstand this unfortunate tragedy.
Long Live Audez'e

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #38 of 260
For the amount of joy their products have brought us, Audeze deserves our full support. I will keep my eyes open to online sales of their products. I hope the Head-Fi community can unite and help this great company redress the wrongs committed against them.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #39 of 260
Really terrible news. So sorry to hear about it and I hope they catch the thieves. I love my XCs and I hope that this doesn't affect Audeze's long term viability as in a very short time (since 2009) they have gone from start up to making some of the world's best headphones. I can only assume they had insurance. Audeze is not the first headphone company to be hit. Former Koss executive Sue Sachdeva was sentenced to 11 years in prison in 2010 for embezzling $34 million from the company.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #40 of 260
Apparently the thieves cut a hole in the metal security door, knew where the cameras were and avoided most (wore balaclavas and gloves), stayed below the motion sensors AND pulled off a Solid Snake by moving around under boxes! Other than a direct employee of Audeze, my guess is that the thieves were couriers/carriers that made frequent trips to and from the factory.

blink.gif

Not that it matters much, but I am curious as to the $250,000 stolen in merchandise; Does that number reflect the actual cost of lost materials (/wages), or the potential cost of the headphone sales? If it is the latter the loss is much greater that $250k!

confused.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #41 of 260
That really sucks for Audeze. Hope this doesn't affect them too negatively long term. I was planning on buying some LCD-3 in a few months. Hope all stock levels can maintain for them. Will keep an eye out as well.

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #42 of 260
  Apparently the thieves cut a hole in the metal security door, knew where the cameras were and avoided most (wore balaclavas and gloves), stayed below the motion sensors AND pulled off a Solid Snake by moving around under boxes! Other than a direct employee of Audeze, my guess is that the thieves were couriers/carriers that made frequent trips to and from the factory.

< snip snip >

This is obviously very sad news for Audeze, which is not a large company AFAIK. The timing is probably really bad too, since they've probably used a lot of cash reserves in getting an inventory of El-8s ready for market. But those reportedly weren't taken, so if they're as popular as early indications suggest they will be, hopefully Audeze can convert the inventory back into cash fairly quickly.

But in many ways this seems odd. At the prices of Audeze's top models, we're probably looking at something topping out at 300 units stolen. The burglars clearly knew what they were doing, this was not a spontaneous smash&grab. They can't make a lot of money selling Audezes out of a car trunk, at $100 a pop to yahoos who've never heard of Audeze. The people who know about Audeze and would spend good money for them are audiophiles. (And wanna-be audiophiles.) Audiophiles are thin on the ground. They also aren't going to buy 5 units of the same headphone at a time. The crooks can't sell these things one at a time eBay with any kind of safety, the visibility is too high and of course the serial numbers will be a deterrent. No idea where in the world these could go that has a sufficiently large and affluent black market to absorb these without any ripples.

Hopefully, there isn't such a place, and sooner or later the perps will be exposed and brought to justice. 

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #43 of 260
I have owned a few pairs of Audeze and have had to deal with them one or twice. They were very nice, and professional. Assuming the deatails of the heist that have been posted here are correct, it sounds like the thieves had a plan. That leads me to assume they also have a plan to sell them. I would not expect to see them ever pop up for sale on any English site.

Even if insurance pays out, I doubt it will cover all of their loss. I wish Audeze the best, and certainly hope they are able to recover their murchandise.

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #45 of 260
Sounds like an inside job and the headphones are probably in a container going to Asia by now. Highly doubt that a well organised gang of thieves like this would try to sell the whole shipment over time on eBay and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back