Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jul 23, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #3,706 of 4,465
Interestingly I tested these while playing guitar as I often do with my wired headphones. They had enough latency for me to notice, but the threshold for instrument players is very low, I just found it interesting it was far more noticable than with my wired headphones. I used the dongle ofc.

I find these heavy and a bit unwieldy, I usually game with Utopia which are the exact same 490g weight, but going between the two the Utopia feels a lot lighter on the head, amazing what weight distribution can do.

for the price and closed back nature the sound is superb. These oust things like Airpods Max and similarly priced bluetooth headphones. Bravo Audeze. I do think open back, even an Elex, is a much better gaming solution if people can do open backs. But for a closed back solution this is incredible value.

Jul 24, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #3,707 of 4,465
Today I noticed a strange noise coming from my right ear cup as I was walking with my headset on, and I typically do not take off my headset when I stand up to grab something to drink. It sounds like something is loose inside, its a foil-like noise and it happens when I walk or very gently tap the right earcup. I am not sure what this is but it is bothering me. Has anyone read about this or experienced this issue?
This happened with my Penrose X. It's annoying but I just made sure to be still when using them. I think it's from too much pressure on the diaphragm. I baby my Maxwells so it doesn't happen again.

Jul 25, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #3,709 of 4,465
I wonder what this is about?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CvIY9niuPnR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 12.50.50 PM.jpg

Jul 25, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #3,713 of 4,465
Jul 25, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #3,716 of 4,465
As someone who has owned multiple pairs of Audeze Sines, which also had this issue, the diaphragm "crinkle" is probably as much a unit to unit variance as it is a care thing, so if your pair is prone to it there might not be much you can do to avoid it

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #3,717 of 4,465
Just don't take the headphone off too fast, if you start screaming because a Necromorph appears behind your back.

Crinkle is best handled with "soft" removal of the headphones due to the air pressure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back